Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Kwilty Weekend

It's been a quilty weekend up to this point. And a fun one, at that!

Saturday noonish I met an old friend for lunch. Do you have those friends that you were so close and then life gets in the way and for one reason or another you fall out of touch, even though you live within miles of each other. Well it's one of those friends that I hooked up with on Saturday. And as is usually the case in those situations, we picked up right where we left off with nary an awkward pause. True friendship is that way. And she's a KWILTY friend to boot, so it was so nice to get together.

After a nice yacky lunch at Olive Garden with Kwilty Karen, we headed out to Brandon. Twyla, of Quilted Memories fame had a lovely quilt show in the park. Quilts in the Park took place in McHardy Park in Brandon and it was THE perfect day for it!

You know it's going to be a lovely casual quilt show when you're greeted by this at the entrance table.


Two cans of food for the food bank was the entry fee. A great cause!

And such a wonderful setting!


The quilts were hung on clotheslines....a lovely shaded park....it was just so nice!


And lovely quilts too!


It was so relaxing just walking thru the grassy park, yacking with Karen, and taking in the quilts.


It was the first year for this show.


But I don't think it will be the last year!


Such a great setting, I just know it's going to get bigger and better every year!


It was a wonderful day and it was so nice to spend time with Kwilty Karen!

This morning, I got up and got busy on the Amish Bricks quilt. Oh yeah! I got my machine back last week! WOOOHOOO! So it was time to get down to business. And I got it all put together.


As with the other Amish quilts, the quilting will bring this alive. Once it's quilted, washed and mellowed, I'll see how it compares to the inspiration. I wasn't looking to exactly duplicate it, but I hope it has the same look in the end. And have no fear...It's not nearly as BRIGHT and ELECTRIC as it looks in the pic! YOWZERS!

And now...it's time to fire up the grill. Jalapeno burgers! And then, I'm going to stitch for a bit.

I've got this waiting for me downstairs for either this evening...


or tomorrow morning! Some serious cutting of the cheddar is in store for me!

I hope you're having a great weekend!

*Peace!

9 comments:

Dianne said...

oh I can't wait to see you and that cheddar! I am making another quilt out of that mag...the triple irish chain and changing it a bit... well, I've had the fabric for 4 months or so now...

Margaret said...

Glad you had a great time with your friend. And what a setting for a quilt show! So cool! Lovely quilty pics! Your Amish blocks is pretty! Can't wait to see the cheddar!!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous, what a lot of fun!!!! Can't wait to see the cheddar.

carol fun said...

What a wonderful way to spend a day and what a wonderful idea this quilt show is! I really like the idea of a quilt display that benefits a charity. I'm going to file this away and see what I might do with it in my city. Can't wait to see your cheddary quilt!

Deborah said...

What a lovely quilt show! it sounds like you had a great time.

Ingrid said...

Thanks for taking pictures of this! I was bummed I couldn't make it. It looks like a lovely quilty sort of day.

Fun to see what you are up to!!

Sherry said...

I like the new quilt - boy did it go together quick! The quild show in the park looks like a really nice idea - hanging them on clothes lines was a great idea. I have a friends like that and boy are they wonderful to have!

Cari said...

I love that quilt show in the park...just beautiful. What a wonderful day you must of had!!

Karen said...

Yes, it was a lovely day..... lunch with a friend and lots of laughing and catching up and quilts... it doesn't get any better than that! I'm looking forward to our next get together... and I love the Amish bricks quilt! Good job!