Wednesday, July 07, 2010

The Eagle Has Landed...

I mean...the quilt has arrived at it's destination. So I can show you now!


I had said this was a departure from my 'norm'...whatever that is. Way back when, I had shared pics of a playing cards fabric and tried to solicit ideas for its use. At that time, my cuz who resides down in Florida had said that he loved that fabric and that I should make him a quilt with it.

And so....


I did! I coupled it with a batik and a speckled background. And thinking "guy quilt", I kept it clean and modern....


or something like that. He likes it! And that's always a good thing!

*Peace!

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow! What's not to like? It's wonderful! Love the design, love the fabrics too! I bet he'll treasure it!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Woo hoo... what a cool quilt!

K-G Knitter said...

What a great use for that fabric! It's really lovely.

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

What an awesome, manly quilt! I love it!

Terrie - The Stitch Store said...

I'm so glad he likes it.

Katrina said...

Beautiful and definitely a guy quilt ;-).

Sherry said...

Love the back - front's not so bad either :) I love the pattern and the flow the front has!

Michelle said...

Love it!!! What a fantastic use of the card fabric. I am sure he is thrilled with it!