Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Chompin' at the Cheddar!

Isn't that just the way it goes? Machine is in the shop and I am ITCHIN' to start a new quilt! Yeah yeah...I've got Amish Bricks waiting to be finished...and finished it will be...soon! I should have my machine back this week yet! And I know what my quilt AFTER Amish Bricks is going to be!

Did you get this magazine a while back?


I can say unequivocally that I much MUCH prefer the antique versions of the quilts in the magazine. Several call out to me, but one in particular stopped my heart for a minute when I turned the page...or wait, maybe that was one of those nasty heart palpitation things that come with *ahem* ...yeah....

Anyhooooooooo....when I saw this one...


I knew she would be mine! I do love me some cheddar!!! AND two color quilts....well...I'm set!


I couldn't stand it, and ordered an entire large bolt of Moda's cheddar that came out with their Charity quilt fabric line. AND a bolt of their wonderful muslin. I am set!!

And I'm all up for having others join me! I'm willing to share my cheddar! Now, I don't have any of the magazines to offer you, but if you have the magazine, or can get your hands on one, and would like the fabrics to make this quilt, I will 'kit' this for you and ship within the US for $54.95! That's quality Moda fabrics for the top. If you want backing too, we can strike a deal. I only have two of these yardage kits available though, so if you wanna join me in making this wonderful reproduction, let me know! (**EDIT: one left)

I promise I didn't drool on the bolts....but man...I am chompin' at the bit to get busy on this cheddar quilt!!

Tonight I'm going to do a couple motifs on Ann Rayner, and probably force myself to do at least one strand of the over-one section. I decided it would be such a cop-out to not do the lovely red over-one alphabet, so slowly but surely, I will get it done.

Hope you're having a great week!

*Peace!

7 comments:

Catherine said...

OOOOHHHH!! I love me some cheddar!!

Margaret said...

Agh!! Love it! Oh I want some.... Have to sleep on it. I said I was going to be good.... Can't wait to see your quilt!

Cari said...

Love, love, love the Cheddar!! That is going to be one spectacular quilt!

Michelle said...

Oh gorgeous! Now I'm wishing I had that magazine. Drat!!!! I have a weakness for Cheddar!

Deb said...

Geez, I don't have the magazine and don't know if I should buy more fabric. I need more fabric like another hole in the head! AGHHHH! I like it, I want it. I'll have to think about it. Dang it!!

Sherry said...

wow - what a lot of pieces that quilt must be. I think one strand of over one is a wonderful idea if you don't like to do it. I usually don't mind over one, as long as it's good light and early in the day...

Andra Gayle said...

Found the cheddar post! It is GREAT! Have fun with that one!