Monday, July 12, 2010

Ann & The Amish Have Captured My Attention....Again

True to my word, after I finished the Fraktur One Sampler, I abided by my self-imposed "rule" of picking up Ann Rayner and putting at least 3 lengths of silk in on her before moving on.

And guess what...she has captured my attention...


again. I've worked on her this whole past weekend. You probably can't gauge the progress...


but trust me...progress is being made. the whole upper right from the center over is new progress. And I turned a corner in the lower left. I'm going to keep her out for a while. I can't remember how long ago I started her...maybe this will be her year!

Also capturing my attention....Amish quilts. I've been playing around with the wonderful Moda Bella Solids that I have for sale in my Etsy.


So these will hopefully find their way in to a quilt top soon. My inspiration is this quilt.


I saw this on Minick & Simpson's blog a while back and was enamored. I'm planning to do a similar version. We'll see how it works out. I'm trying to use the Bella Solids I have and not order more in, so I'll be loosely taking the Amish approach and using what I have. Granted they didn't have bolts and bolts of lovely Moda fabrics to pick from....but we'll chalk that up to progress, or something like that.

*Peace!

13 comments:

Margaret said...

Great stuff! I love your Ann - but of course, I always have loved Ann. And that quilt! Niiiice! Can't wait to see you rip it up!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Love your Ann progress. She is such a beauty!

Catherine said...

Ann looks great!

Love the colors of the fabrics! There is an Amish store near me, they may not have Moda, but they have bolts and bolts of fabrics in all the glorious Amish colors. The prices are not bad to boot!

Kathie said...

love that amish quilt
can't wait to see your version
Kathie

Deb said...

I drool every time you pull out Ann. I think that you're making great progress.

Love that Amish quilt too. I think modern day Amish have those beautiful fabrics. I was in Ohio and came across a barn that was like a general store. Rows and rows of fabrics - like heaven - and there Moda's there.

Littlebit said...

Your Ann is beautiful, KK!

And that quilt screamed Amish the minute I saw it. I can't wait to curl up under..oh, sorry. :) MM

Cari said...

Love both your sampler and quilt inspiration! Hugs

Loraine said...

Fabulous sampler, and wonderful Amish quilt. I just love your eye for things.

Deborah said...

The sampler is fabulous!

Katrina said...

Love Ann!!!! She's on my short list :-). And the quilt is so pretty too.

samplerlover said...

Your Ann is lovely. I have always loved this sampler and she is on my "to do" list. Your Amish quilt is lovely.

Michelle said...

Can't wait to see how the Amish quilt comes along - the colors you've chosen are gorgeous. And Ann is looking lovely. If she's making you happy, I say keep going!

Karoline said...

Your Fraktur Sampler is gorgeous, congratulations.

Great progress on Ann and I look forward to seeing your quilt top.