Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday Already?

Where did that long weekend go anyway?? It was a rainy one, I remember that. And I kind of felt like a slug, I remember that. But where did those 72 hours go?

I did watch some Cascade 220 cakes collapse even more...


which means there was quite a bit of progress on the GGS.


I'm going to go until the current cakes are gone and then decide whether to continue on in similar colors or call it good. We'll see how bit it ends up I suppose! But I do enjoy working with all that color!

I also got 35 quilt blocks put together and laid out on my design floor...HA! Laid out on the FLOOR...I need to clear a wall and get a design wall up, but for now..the floor works.


I'm leaning toward using that Denyse Schmidt bias plaid on this one for the border. Mainly because I have another quilt I want to make that has a piano key border. Of course the quilt has laid in that state since Sunday. And it remains in that state this morning.

I wish I had another day off...but..back to the grindstone. I'm sure Ellie Mae the Fat Cat (who's not so fat anymore) will have fun tearing thru the sewing room messing up the blocks.

I hope you have fun tearing thru your Tuesday!!

*Peace!

9 comments:

Laurie in Iowa said...

The new quilt top looks great Kim! Good choice for the border fabric. I was wondering how you are able to leave your blocks out on your design floor without the critters mixing things up for you? E&O would take those blocks as a Corgi challenge and rearrange and mix things up.

Margaret said...

Both projects are wonderful!! You definitely need to get yourself a design wall! lol! I've started to crochet too! I'm so proud -- taught myself over the weekend. :D

K-G Knitter said...

I just love the colors on the giant granny sqaure. I can see why you're thinking you might want to keep going! :)

Good idea to take a photo of the blocks, this way after your cat has rearranged them her to her liking, you'll be able to put it all back together! :)

Cari said...

It's so much fun to watch your cakes collapse!! The colors you are using are so much fun. I love your quilt project too! You are one talented lady. I would love to see how your cat rearranges the blocks...take a pic if she does!! Have a great week Kim.

Loraine said...

Great quilts! Can't wait to hear about the new grandbaby.
BTW your tomatoes and garlic look fabulous! It's my favorite time of year when the tomatoes and basil are on.

Deb said...

Is that a whip I see stretched over that project? Like you're cracking the whip on it? It looks great though - just love the colors of it - so cheery.

And love those quilt squares too - hmmmm, seems that one is lurking in the craft room. After all the problems I'm having with my current quilt, I think I need a change - that would be a good one!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

OMG, I thought that was a whip, too!! Then, I realized it was probably a basket handle! Holy crow ~ I had my own story all made up before reality set in!! The quilt patches look faded and well-loved ~ that will be a great quilt!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Love all the color in the crochet - how cheery! The quilt top looks great - I just have no idea how you get so much done!

Sherry said...

Isn't it terrible when the time just flys and flys away even though it's the same amount of hours during the week. Love your quilt top. I've been thinking of the piano key border since reading your mention of it the other day...gotta find something to do that kind of border myself...hmmmm