Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!

If you've read prior posts, then you know my week's been pretty full with little Avery's arrival, but I did stop off at G'Willy's yesterday after work (before heading up for another baby holding session!), and I found a couple things!


$5.00 big apple cookie jar! Love it! Can't really see it in the pic, but the coloring and shading is AWESOME and it shows a little age. Marked 'Made in Portugal', I'm excited to put it up with the other colorful fruit pitchers, cookie jars and roosters!

And then for two bucks I picked up the kind of dominoes I'm allowed to continue to collect for now (self-imposed wooden dominoes moratorium).

Sorry for the poor picture lighting! My usual camera isn't where I keep it (hmmmm....new baby in the family...missing camera...) so I used my other camera that I haven't used much (translation: don't know much about the settings etc yet but need to learn!). But I hope you get the gist of the purchases!

Did you get out and about and come home with any finds this week??

*Peace!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Great cookie jar! I'm amazed you still managed some thrifting with the new baby and all. Enjoy that baby holding! :D

Cari said...

I'm still drooling over Avery Mae!! The BEST

Deb said...

Another congratulations on the new precious arrival Kim!

And great cookie jar. Even a new one in the family can't keep you from the thrift stores! LOL

Andrea said...

Great finds Kim! My kitchen theme used to be apples, I got rid of most of all of it years ago, save for a couple of apple cookie jars I couldn't part with...a vintage one and one my mother made. She said the color was so hard to work with, and the glaze wouldn't cooperate, but the result was like a big candy apple, gorgeous!
Anyway, guess I'm trying to say, apples are still cool, if you find the right one ;-)

Precious baby Avery Mae...are you lovin' that new baby smell? It's heavenly :-)