Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!

Good morning and happy Thursday!!! I hope you're week is going along swell! Mine is..but I can tell you, as always, I am more than ready for another weekend!

Last evening after work, I stopped off at G'Willy's and brought home some great little finds and spent less than five bucks! Every single item I'm going to show you was 75 cents each! Gotta love that!

First up...


Weird little container huh? Kind of icky now that I actually READ the label! LOL But it caught my eye. Or I should say what was IN it caught my eye...


some wonderful marbles to add to my marble canister!! These are great! Glad I didn't get hung up on that container label!

And then the ironstone started jumping out and waving at me...


and they brought friends along...


and so I have some new pieces.

I also got another nice canister jar for the sewing room...


You can see it in the back there. One of these days when I get the quilt den spiffed up, I'll take pics and you'll see the canister jars in action. I'm getting quite the collection of this specific style. Same lids on all of them. So 70s....so me!

Did you find any fun things this week?

*Peace!

8 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm not even going to try to figure out what that label says. lol! Doesn't sound very nice. :D My kids inherited their grandfather's marble collection. It's pretty cool! Lots of pretty old marbles, probably from the 30's. Nice thrifting as usual!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

G'Willy's certainly has nicer things than our thrift stores! Yes, I found beautiful cotton decorator throw pillows for $6 each at a new little consignment shop at the lake ~ great for the benches on the deck here at home!!! You're inspiring me!!!

Laurie in Iowa said...

The ironstone sure is nice... and I'm not even going to comment about the marble container. Eeeewwwww....

Cari said...

Love the marbles and the ironstone. BUT that jar is creepin' me out!! LOL

Deb said...

Love your finds once again, but that jar with the marbles would give one pause, don't you think. I wish I could find some of the things you find at yours - maybe not that jar, but a lot of the other things!

Melissa said...

Hey Kim-the pitcher in the bottom picture on the right reminds me of my Sears Federalist dishes. Something about the style. I'll have to see if I can find my cream pitcher, my sugar bowl broke years ago when a child o' mine got caught hand in sugar bowl, he freaked, flung it sugar and all across the kitchen.

"Gee Mom what sugar bowl are you talking about?" LOL

Catherine said...

Not sure I want to know what was originally in that jar! Great finds!! I'll take the marbles and ironstone when your house starts to overflow!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim!
I just love following your blog (i'm blogless)and you've got me stopping into my G'Willy's as often as possible. I've found some nice crystal serving pieces so far (and clothes for my kids!)but I'm wondering how do you figure out what is "valuable" compared to just "run of the mill". I see many old looking china pieces, etc. but have no clue how much they are worth. And Ironware - what is it and how do you know when you've found it?
Thanks so much. Teri Jacobi
mtjacobi@chorus.net