Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Saturday Finish

Hope you're having a grand Saturday! I enjoyed a leisurely morning....then decided I would just run the vacuum....and tidy up a bit. And three hours later....ahem....I was done cleaning out and reorganizing the corner by my stitching chair, sorted thru numerous magazines, organized a huge pile of books..AND I did, indeed, run the vacuum!

After running a few errands and enjoying the gorgeous day...I did go downstairs to the quilt den to finish up the Grandma's Album quilt that has been laying down on the floor this past week.


This is not my normal palette.


But I do like it. It's not 30s....


I think it has more of a cheery 40s or 50s vibe to it!


and it's done and ready for quilting. Not sure if I'll do some straight line quilting on my Bernina, or ship this off to the longarm quilter. But...it goes in the 'done' quilt top pile!

The rest of the evening I plan to work on the GGS afghan. I see an end in sight on that...and none too soon for me, as I'm kind of getting my 'fill' of crochet. At least for a while. I want to get it done and move on the knitting and stitching! And of course I'll be planning another quilt or two in my head!

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday and thanks so much for stopping by!

*Peace!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Love it! Add a quilt or two to my "overflowing" list!!

Cari said...

Kim, your quilt is really nice..I love the border you selected. You have quite an eye for color and pattern. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!! Hugs

Laurie in Iowa said...

the quilt top looks good... love the choice of border fabric.

Paula C. said...

I am seriously impressed with how much you get accomplished! Your quilt is beautiful!