Friday, June 11, 2010

Motivation

Isn't it funny the things that motivate us to get moving?

I'm moving right along on my Grandma's Album quilt top...thanks to that man that resides in the house with me...

Lots of ANGRY SEWING has been done the past couple of days,


so this thing could be put together way ahead of schedule! Do you do that? When you're angry? I tend to hole up in my sewing room...ipod blaring thru the Bose...Bernina humming away and just sew sew sew. So...yeah...got lots of sewing done the past couple days.

Also great motivation...new books!


Finally! At long last the new Blackbird Designs book, Country Inn, has hit the doorstep! I've been waiting. It was worth it. Gorgeous quilts..RECIPES!!...cross stitch, wool projects....just what you'd expect!

If you've been waiting for this book too, I have six (6) books available for sale. First come, first served. $27.99 includes US shipping. Just email me at kwiltykim@hotmail.com !

Hope your week is going swell and that you're finding lots of motivation, in whatever form it takes!

*Peace!

8 comments:

Patty C. said...

I don't have any blackbird design books yet, but I hear they are fabulous - I'm so jealous :)

I'm glad you have it
Take Care

Joanie said...

Sent you an email, Kim.

Deb said...

What better way to deal with those feelings - put the pedal to the metal and sew, sew, sew!!!

Can't wait to get those books in my hot little hands!!

Have a great weekend!!

Margaret said...

Uh oh! Angry sewing! lol! Hope you're getting rid of the anger that way. Can't wait for my books to come!! :D (And kit!)

Myra said...

I can't say that I have ever done any angry sewing. I would probably run the needle right through my hand if I did. I say if it helps, it sure beats some of the alternatives. ;o)

Loraine said...

A good way to put those angry feelings to use! Way to go Kim!!!
I tend to screw up when I'm mad. Hope that doesn't happen to you! LOL
Great book, can't wait to see the quilt.

Deb said...

Looks great Kim - hope the man has only been irritating and not naughty.

Dani - tkdchick said...

My problem is my stitching calms me too much to keep me angry! Men are frustrating!