Friday, June 04, 2010

Moratorium

I did a little revamping of the accessories this week....and it has caused me to call a moratorium.

Sometimes you just don't know what you've got...until you dig it out and put it to use!

As I ready myself for a fun-filled junkin' day tomorrow with my pal, blogless Kimm, I have come to realize it's moratorium time.



No longer do I need to seek out Scrabble games for the tiles. In fact, as you see above, I think there's just too many for that little jar! Granted I need a different jar for those...hoping to find one on a junkin' adventure rather than breaking down and buying one retail.

And also, as you see above...NO MORE dominoes! At least not black wooden ones! I still haven't done anything with the lovely 'tile/bakelite' ones I've accumulated. There's not many. So I CAN continue to amass those. But no more wooden dominoes and no more Scrabble tiles.

Marbles - Yes
Bakelite Dominos - Yes
Simple Clear Canisters - Yes


The goose has gone away for the summer...yeah I know, that's a little backwards...but it's his nature! And the canisters have come out to play for a while.

Yep...I definitely need a different jar for those Scrabble tiles! Maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day!

For some reason I was up before 5:00 this morning......I'm ready for my 4th cup of coffee...and am also calling a moratorium on getting up before 5:00AM!

Happy Friday!

*Peace!

13 comments:

Carol said...

Good luck with your hunt for a larger jar, Kim. I love your sampler wall--they are just gorgeous :)

TamboinMO said...

Hey, at least you're organized enough to know what you DO and DON'T need.....I'm impressed!

Cari said...

You are up early! Good luck on your hunts this weekend!

Laurie in Iowa said...

I have complete faith in your ability to find something 'new' to collect.

Catherine said...

Great display! I love the sampler wall!!

Good luck tomorrow!

Margaret said...

Love your jar collections! Moratorium - oh no! lol! Hope you have fun tomorrow with Kim! (5am is way too early to be awake!)

Deb said...

UGH, getting up that early is the pits. But you know you just don't know what you have until it's time to revamp and then you think OMG!!! I've been picking up those glass jars too for all my little things and you get overwhelmed when you see what you have!

Love, love that sampler wall and all your things displayed below them. And have loads of fun with blogless Kimm tomorrow.

Katrina said...

What a pretty display! Love the table and all the samplers :-).

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

I hope you find the perfect jar for your scrabble tiles. I love those, too! The display looks great beneath your sampler wall - I want to see more of that, PLEASE!

Kathie said...

oh how I would love to have a jar full of the scrabble tiles...if you find more I would be happy to buy them from you.
what a treat and wonderful memory that jar would have for me everytime I looked at it.
thanks
Kathie
ps love those samplers too

Littlebit said...

I'm sure you will find the perfect jar for those scrabble squares, KK! Pretty presentation, though. Your sampler wall is beautiful. MM

Cari-in-VA said...

You have quite the decorator's eye - love your little vignette with the game pieces, it's wonderful!

5:00 AM, oh my! I hope you have a wonderful, restful Sunday.

woolwoman said...

love your creative display of the jars with the game pieces and your sampler wall is WONDERFUL

5am - EGADS - horrific - course I was up at 6am this morning reading blogs - now I'm going back to bed if I can LOL
cheers Mel