Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Do You Hear That?

It's the sound of yarn cakes collapsing!! I'm making some progress on the Giant Granny Square...and some progress on using up a vast quantity of Cascade 220.

This sits right by my chair to the left...(on the right is my sampler stitching stuff, but we won't go there)


It's great mindless handwork while watching TV.


I'm not sure how big it's going to end up. I'm just adding rounds...and watching the yarn cakes collapse.


We'll see how big it is when the yarn is gone.


Emmitt can't help himself! Whenever I lay it out on the floor...he is THERE. I think it will be a warm and snuggly addition to the family room when it's done!

And I love using up yarn!

*Peace!

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Nice! Looks like Emmit approves too! I want to make little colorful granny squares. But I need to learn to crochet first. lol!

woolwoman said...

Oh Kim - I love how this is coming out and what a fun way to use up oddments of yarn - I think in previous decades when granny squares were popular - that was their primary purpose to use up leftovers. I had a huge one my grandmother did but moths got into it some years ago and I had to let it go. Love your fabrics from the last post and your green sock yarn is yummy - Mel

Deb said...

Obviously Emmett is in love!!! That's a great afghan - love those bright, cheery colors!

Cari said...

I love it when the cakes start to collapse!! Emmit is so darn cute... Thanks for the pics!!

Catherine said...

Love it!! Emmit looks so comfy cozy!

Paula C. said...

It looks absolutely lovely! Some of my favorite afghans are my scrap ones. They hold so many memories of past projects =)