Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!

Another week and another odd object makes it's way to my house! Who'da thunk it? ;o)


But seriously...it's kinda cool!


and HEAVY. VERY heavy.....


and ready to hang! I think it will look great hanging on the house out by the back deck. You know...with my Mexican totem pole!

Isn't it neat?

And it was affordably priced for such uniqueness...


My other find...was also affordably priced...


I do love it when I find Southern Living At Home items in the thrift store for cheap!


I already have one of these (ahem...purchased at a Southern Living At Home party)...this one was much cheaper and now I have a pair of the Tuscan Glazed Candle Stands. So sunny and warm!

I wanted to put the offer out there again to look for specific items. If there's something you are looking for, I would be happy to keep my eye out for you, and be your personal thrifty shopper! For instance, I know there's been quite a few blogs showing the glass pedestal base with the flower frog insert, and I have to say I've run across several of those, but didn't pick them up. The ones with the 'loop' design around the edges of the dish...do you know the ones? If you're looking for one of those, or anything else, let me know! I'm happy to shop for you and share the thrifty-love!

*Peace!

14 comments:

Margaret said...

That is one cool item you got there! I think it would look great hanging outside next to your totem pole! Cool! As for the thrifty personal shopper, I may take you up on that at some point -- nice to know!

Deb said...

Another very cool find! I think it will look great hanging outside.

I'll have to remember the thrifty personal shopper too. I should probably do that also, although I've already had a few requests for things, so I guess I'm already doing it.

Cari-in-VA said...

Great finds, Kim.

What a great idea to offer your services. I will definitely keep that in mind as well. I love the hunt - it's so fun to go out and dig thru 'trash' and find a wonderful treasure.

Enjoy your day!

Catherine said...

Love your finds!!! The plate reminds me of the movie "Chocolat" - the plate that they spin and you tell them what you see - do you know it?

Andrea said...

What cool finds Kim! You are seriously the Queen of Thrifting, I swear!! Always impressive hauls!

Do you ever come across any Irish Dresden figurines? Are you familiar with them? I don't get to thrift very much in my area, so not sure if people ever part with them, but I love them a lot and would love to find more someday...

Cari said...

Love your finds! I have one of those medallion things too but mine is the zodiac. I love it and have it outside as well!! Have a great holiday weekend Kim!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

What a very nice offer! I've found a few cutsie items recently that I'll post about soon...

Deb said...

Oh I just love that medallion whatever it is - you find such cool stuff. But I'm thinking we need a shot of your house to see how you arrange all these treasures!

M.T. Pocketts said...

Funny coincidence: I bought almost the identical piece from a thrift store--with the very same idea in mind. Still haven't found the perfect place to hang it yet!

Loraine said...

Great stuff!
Love the Mayan calendar. That should look great with your "Totem pole!" LOL
Have a great weekend.

woolwoman said...

What a deal on the So living at home piece - I used to get a lot of that stuff but can't afford it now - if you ever run across any of their flatware - I could use some sets or even some single pieces - forks - spoons - iced tea spoons are on my wish list. Happy perusing - Mel

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Luv that Southern Living candle holder...really luv that $3 price!

Blessings,
Linda

AllyJo said...

It's a Mexican sundial thingy. My parents got one on their honeymoon in '72. They had a coffee table custom made for it.

mac said...

I think it's a Mayan Calenadar. It looks like one anyway :-)

You could keep it around as a laugh after Dec 2012 as well....that's when it expires, right?