Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!

Well here we are...another Thrifty Thursday! I have to start right out by thanking you guys for keeping me focused! It's been a doozy of a week, and there wasn't much thrifting done. I did pick this up over the weekend...


another wonderful piece of crackled and cracked china! LOVE! But that was about it for the goods this week. Until Wednesday after work...even though I was pooped...I told myself people would be checking in to see what I found. And so, thanks to all of you, I forced (ha! using that term loosely)...forced myself to stop off at G'Willy's after work Wednesday evening just to see what was there.

And I came home with a bowl full of goodies!



First off notice the Pyrex bowl...in the medium size! a buck.

And then there were these...


all sitting together, I'm guessing they came from the same donor. One pair is silverplate...one is marked pewter and the other I'm not sure if they're silver or pewter. They were two bucks a pair.

And for another buck-fifty...



do you love the gravy boat? with the turkey? It's marked "Japan" and is that lightweight porcelain. I thought it would be a lovely accent around November. And Lord knows with our weather lately, November has been on my mind. What is with this WEATHER?

Anyhoo...I digress.....

In the spirit of spring...summer...and bugs.....I found this



heavy heavy brass. Is it a fly? a butterfly? a dragonfly? a morphed combo of all three? Not sure...but it's oversized and heavy and was another buck-fifty. It'll be wonderful sitting atop a stack of books!

So I thank you, dear Thrifty Thursday readers, for being there. Because of you...I stopped off on a rainy Wednesday evening and found some treasures to share.

And in case you wonder what in the world I will do with that cracked browning dish...



my glasses fit in it perfectly and they rest there every evening! It's sitting on a stack of books and magazines by my chair...I love it!

I hope you've found some treasures this week!

*Peace!

12 comments:

Margaret said...

Nice finds as usual! I love using that dish for your glasses. Great stuff!

Cari said...

Great finds Kim....and my personal favorite, the dish for your glasses! Love it!

K-G Knitter said...

That is a fantastic gravy boat!

Cari-in-VA said...

Great finds! Love the bug - very unique

Deb said...

Now, won't the orphans be jealous because now you're bringing home paired salt and pepper shakers? LOL Just thought I'd ask.

Love the goodies you picked up. Even when you don't have time to really look, you make out with some great things.

Catherine said...

Love it all! I really like the gravy boat!

Andrea said...

Oh, I love every. single. thing. you scored Kim! Awesome finds!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Love your treasures, Kim! I found a few fun things this week as well. Maybe time to post on Friday!

mac said...

That bug is the coolest :-)

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Fun finds! Our weather is back to real summer!!

Tolentreasures said...

You always find such neat things! Love to see what you get!

Cathy

Sew Sew Stephanie said...

Hey kwiltykim! I thnk it's a bee, definitely a bee. Reminds me of Joan Rivers :)