Sunday, May 23, 2010

Of things to come....

I was so revved up by color! color! color! after I finished my KF+PJ=WOW Kaffe Column quilt yesterday, that I started playing with those yummy Moda Bella Solids.

I pulled out my Amish Abstractions book and started mixing and matching colors...


and I certainly found inspiration in that book!


and am excited for the Amish quilts that will be coming out of my sewing room!


Some will be simple and graphic.....and others will have a little more piecing....


but they'll all have that Amish influence so many of us love!

Today I pulled out the umbrella swift and readied a couple more cakes of sock yarn....


Signs of things to come!

What's on deck for you, creatively? Would love to know!

I want to thank everyone for your comments...I love reading them and do try and reply to each one. However, some are set to 'no reply' which makes it difficult for me to reply. Just know I do read them, and am appreciative of the time you take to leave one. This blog world rocks!

*Peace!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh pretty pretty! I love all the colors!! You know what I'm up to. lol! And what I should be up to but amn't. Someday soon though, I hope. :D

Catherine said...

Love the splash of color!!! I was wondering though, if you were planning on adding any touches of black? Living in Amish country, I know how the black can make the colors pop!

Cari said...

Yummy colors indeed!! I'm stitching away and some knitting too!! Have a great weekend!

woolwoman said...

just catching up to your blog Kim - WOW - I love that folk art piece you got last week - awesome! Your Kaffe quilt is another WOW - you do such neat stuff - always fun to visit with you! Mel