Saturday, May 08, 2010

A New Box of Crayons

I had a few boxes of Moda fabric waiting for me when I got home from the office yesterday...YAY!



Recently I spent some time with a color card....selecting these hues...which I think will be WONDERFUL in scrappy Amish quilts!



Even though they look bright and cheery! Great Bella Solids...wonderful hand to these..you gotta love Moda! I'm listing these in my Etsy shop if you'd like to add to your own stash!



What I love is these will also go with the modern fabrics easily! But my oh my, I cannot wait to dive in to these, like a new box of crayons, and start making some Amish quilts!

I mentioned my Etsy shop...and I invite you to check it out. I'm slowly phasing out Ebay..and moving to Etsy! I already spend a ton of time trolling Etsy...so figured it was time! And it's geared more toward artists and creative minds, so that's where you'll find me! Of course you can always contact me via the blog too!

Unfortunately I have an assignment to tend to before I can play with the new fabbies...



This is the quilt I have to work on for this current round of the Round Robin I'm involved in. EGADS...what to do..what to do? We meet on Wednesday to hand off...so I best think of something! I have pulled some fabrics...



Now to figure out what to do with them! Wish me luck!

*Peace!

9 comments:

Margaret said...

Ack!!!!! Ack! Ack! Ack!! I'm doomed! Did you know one of my real loves is Amish Quilts? Sigh.....

Margaret said...

PS: Are you getting the new BBD quilt book in? :D

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Wonderful colors, Kim! I can't wait to see what you create!

Cari-in-VA said...

Lovely colors - I always thought it would be a fun job to be the person who named the fabric, lol.

Enjoy your 3-day weekend.

Deb said...

Oh my goodness - what wonderful colors. I think that some of those may end up at my house (don't tell DH)! LOL

Laurie in Iowa said...

Kim, It's not nice to torture Margaret. I'd like to know if you're going to get the new BD book too.
Congrats on the move to Etsy... you are definitely the artsy type. I try not to browse Etsy because it is so dangerous to the bank balance.

Loraine said...

Amish quilts are my new craze. I made one last year, although my colors were a bit more muted than yours. I loved it. I'm sending to the quilters this month, so I'll have to show it when it comes back.
I'm glad your making the switch to Etsy. Can't wait to check you out.
Have a great Mother's Day!

Bre said...

pretty colors!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous colors!!! And I'm loving that beading on that quilt - can't wait to see what your addition is. I'm wishing I had a fuller wallet, I would buy those Christmas fat quarters off you right this instant!