hear me roar! Yes it's true...I...am a homebody. This is not a bad thing! Although some people seem to think so.
I have much to keep me content.
Tonight I picked up the hook....
a little time with the GGS.
And this week some new books arrived...
I'm looking forward to spending a little down time looking through those!
My friend, blogless Kimm, and I compared our to-do lists for this long holiday weekend. We sure do love a long holiday weekend! We both have many things to occupy our time and we revel in being home! home home home!!
She will be painting, redoing a headboard, and she's certain to be knitting and also working on a lovely polka dot afghan! She loves the yarn, sticks and hooks! She needs a blog!
I have the following things to choose from:
1. Farmers Wife quilt blocks
2. GGS crochet
3. Second sock waiting to be knit
4. Sampler stitching
5. Six quilts waiting for the handwork on the binding.
6. One quilt waiting to have scalloped edges made and binding sewn.
7. One secret gift quilt waiting for the binding to be made, sewn on and handwork.
8. One blue and black Amish quilt waiting to be designed.
9. Mossy Mossy neckwarmer (ahem...notice it has changed from a scarf to a neckwarmer? yeah...shorter) to be knit.
10. General housekeeping.
The kids will be dropping by to grill out....I'll be making watermelon feta salad to appease Miss Amber...she who carries my first grandchild! Only 3 weeks until arrival!
There is also the plan to kind of catch some rays in the backyard...so hopefully some things from my list up there can be done outside.
So I may not be traveling anywhere for this holiday weekend, but I sure have lots of fun things to keep me busy and family to keep me company!
I LOVE being a homebody.....
and Emmitt kinda likes it too!
How 'bout you?