Monday, May 10, 2010

Hitting Up The Four "Food" Groups

Been spreading the love among the "Four Food Groups" lately....multi-tasker am I!

Sunday I conquered my kitchener stitch anxiety and finished the first Green Envy sock...so today...


I cast on the second sock....starting the ribbing,

and all is good in the knitting group!

I was itching to start something new in the sampler stitching realm. Something smallish...so I can gain some instant gratification...


so yesterday I pulled my own conversion for Fraktur One Sampler from Carriage House Samplings. I LOVE frakturs....this one is smallish....and graphic...and just 4 colors. Love the birds!

Put a check mark beside sampler stitching.

Today I spent a little time in the sewing room working on the Farmers Wife Quilt.


Finished up a couple more blocks. I feel confident I can be caught up by the end of the month! That's a great feeling! I didn't want the BOM to get OOH (Out Of Hand)!

Quilting----Check!

And now...I'm picking up the hook....


and starting a crochet project! A Giant Granny Square afghan is in the works! Off I go to start this one! I can't resist those Cascade 220 wool cakes!

*Peace!

14 comments:

JOLENE said...

A girl after my own heart....LOTS of irons in the fire! lol Love the envy green you are using for the socks, I'll take a pair of those. hehehe Keep up the great work Kim, can't wait to see your fraktur finished, I am a bird lover, too! Smiles....

Margaret said...

Can I live at your house? lol! Oh my, I love all your projects! I want to learn to crochet too after seeing Attic 24. Sigh.... Those colors are luscious! And that sock color -- my fave!

Paulette said...

Oh my gosh, send me those socks! (When they're done, I mean. teehee) You are the most energetic person I know!

Paulette

Sherry said...

Don't you just love to start...finishing is good too - but starting is just an a great feeling. Love all you're projects...the BOM is really cool! And the socks, one of my favs.

Cari-in-VA said...

My goodness Kim, you do make the most of your extra day off, don't you. So many beautiful WIP!

Are you contemplating a 3-day work week :-)

Cari said...

The best four food groups I know!! You go girl. You are a very talented needlewoman!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

What great projects! Love the green socks - that color is soooo pretty! Way to go on the quilt blocks - I can't believe how many you have to do to get one block!

Siobhan said...

Fantastic progress on EVERYTHING, Kim! I love that fraktur sampler. I've had it kitted for about two years now. I should start working on it but have so many sampler WIPs ... I better finish something first. Love love love those quilt blocks!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Oh Lordy... I can't believe all the projects you have going. Love seeing the snaps of the Farmer's Wife BOM... now I know what I have to look forward to as you'll always be a few months ahead of me.
Great green socks!

Catherine said...

My goodness girl! Do you ever slow down! Wonderful projects!

Littlebit said...

Gotta love being busy! Is there anything more satisfying than to look back on the day and feel how productive it has been? Love that color for the socks! I'm sure they will NOT fit Paulette, so just disregard her comment, and send them to moi? :) MM

cathleen said...

Very pretty and quite colorful projects. You sound like me, I am only happy when I have dozens of projects going on at once.

Bre said...

you still have to come down here and teach us how to knit! my Mom and I went thrift-ing yesterday at the Goodwill, be proud! ha ha!

Monica said...

you busy busy busy lady!!