Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cutting & Piecing Fabric and Cutting Losses

I've been down in the quilting den today...getting things done!

I'm caught up on my Farmers Wife quilt blocks...here are a few of the latest.


And remember these?


Yeah...that quilt just wasn't panning out as I had envisioned. *SIGH* But...sometimes you just have to cut your losses!

And so...I'm going to work with what I have...


and take it in a different direction.


Whatever it takes to get it done. I can't have many UFO's in the quilting den or it drives me nuts! Besides..I kinda went on a little fabric acquisition bender this weekend...both live and in person (Hi Twyla!) and online.

Fiona Apple would say "I've been a bad, bad girl...." What can I say? Bonnie Blue Quilts has a 25% off sale this weekend....I found some great deals on another website I frequent
. Both have the great repro fabrics I ADORE...
*SIGH* Insanity! But I can't wait for all the new stash to arrive! So that has lit a fire under my arse and I'm focused on getting things, quilty things, done to make room for the new!

Speaking of sales...I'm offering 20% off all things in my Etsy shop through Monday. If you shop, just convo me and I'll adjust the invoice for the discount.

Taking a break now and the hubs and I are heading off for a little togetherness and treasure hunting! Hope you're having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend in the US,and a great weekend in general every where else!

*Peace!

8 comments:

Sherry said...

I think I should say "thanks, Kim" for the sale tips...I checked both websites quickly - I am working on a BOM and want to switch some fabrics...so when I get home from church in a little bit, I guess I will shop a little on line....

Love your Farmer's Wife - I just saw that book for the first time recently - how awesome - how did you decide which ones to make - or are you making one of each?

Deb said...

If I hadn't gone out and burned up the charge card and spent some of my son's college money yesterday at the antique and quilt stores, I'd be all over those sales!!! But I bookmarked them - there are more sales during the year, aren't there! LOL

And you stinker - I'm not even close on the FW blocks - I'm hoping I can do some tomorrow, but we'll see.

Margaret said...

Your Farmer's Wife blocks are gorgeous! I have no idea where that Japanese fabric quilt was going before, but I like what I'm seeing now! lol! I didn't need to hear about sales. I'm stopping my ears......

Laurie in Iowa said...

Did you have to post the link to the sales??? I have so little resistance. Your FW blocks look great. I like what you're doing with your rescue quilt.
So... did you find anything 'special' on your outing with DH?

Cari said...

Kim, your Farmers Wife quilt blocks are fabulous!! I'm interested in seeing the result of your bullseye quilt using the oriental fabrics... That one will be fun!! Have a great weekend!!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

You are in quilty heaven, I do believe! They're both looking fantastic!

Catherine said...

These will be beautiful!! Can't wait to see more!

Loraine said...

Your farmers wife is looking fabulous! Love the Japanese fabrics too!
Have a fun day with the hubby.