Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!

Time for another Thrifty Thursday!

Last Saturday I met three great friends downtown to stroll the shops, eat some lunch, and have some girl-time! Christy, Jen & Kimm are always so much fun to be around and we had a great time! When we disbanded early afternoon, Kimm quickly called me on my cell to see if I wanted to trek over to the east side of town for some thrifting before I headed home. SURE! Don't have to ask me twice! Off to the east side G'Willy's we went! And here's what I found!



Do you love these basketweave pieces?



This one was two bucks....marked Made in Japan...and has some age to it. I just love the bottom and decided even if the lid was missing, I would have picked it up!

We continued on thru the store and Kimm quickly spied a distant cousin!



Same Made in Japan mark....though the basketweave pattern is different, clearly these were made in the same vein!



Similar floral motif on the lid, though this one was much more detailed...and I think a bit older...



I LOVE the crazing...the slight color change from the age....and this one was three bucks!

Picked up a lovely piece of English china for fifty cents...



I can't pass up good English china with a fruit motif! Cup, plate, bowl..whatever, it's destined to come home with me. A weakness....one of many.

And then I found a new little addition to my orphaned salt/pepper shakers! Isn't it sweet?



Mother of pearl inlaid in the silver lid...so tiny...and sweet...and mine for a buck. :o)

A wonderful way to spend a Saturday....the morning with good friends shopping, lunching and laughing....and the afternoon with blogless Kimm trolling our fav' thrift haunts! Perfect fodder for Thrifty Thursday!

*Peace!

11 comments:

Catherine said...

Great finds once again!! I think my favorite is that shaker!! So sweet and lovely.

Laurie in Iowa said...

I like those basketweave pieces too.

Margaret said...

Oh I really love those basketweave pieces!!!! Lovely! I also love tiny salt cellars. :D

Loraine said...

Your finds are gorgeous! The basket weave pieces have such a "Spring" feel to them. Wonderful!
Love the salt shaker too. I love the idea of a collection. I saw on a blog once, where they used salt shakers to hold seed beads. It was really cool. A whole little cupboard of different colored beads!
I need to take a picture of my vase I bought. I forgot to put it on my last post, but I'll do it in a day or two.:D

Cari-in-VA said...

I just love the basketweave pieces - they are great! Have you decided what you will use them for?

Sherry said...

I love your wonderful finds!

TamboinMO said...

Love the basketweave piece!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Great finds, Kim! I love the basket weave pottery - really pretty and like you, the pieces with some age showing appeal to me far more than others. I wish men had the same philosophy... sigh....

Anyway, darling salt shaker - I love those too and put my little buttons in them - they make a great looking collection sitting on an aged (like me) silver tray!

Andrea said...

What great things you found Kim, love all of them, but esp. that little salt shaker! Bet all of those orphans equal up to a very pretty display :-)

audrey enloe said...

Great finds Kim! Where do you put everything at that you buy? I hope you are not like one of those hoarder ladies on Dr. Oz that I see! LOL!

M.T. Pocketts said...

Love your latest finds! And what a clever idea--putting your tiny beads in the S&P shakers. I often find those "Made in Japan" cookie jars, made decades ago, usually with a woven handle...the lid is usually missing, but they are perfect pots for houseplants!