Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!!

Some awesome things this week...compliments of G'Willy's again! And all for $12 and some change!

Here we go....



Remember the ceramic cabbage I found a while back? Meet it's cousin...ceramic lettuce!



It doesn't have as nice of a shiny glaze on it as the cabbage...I think I might just take it to the paint-your-own-pottery studio and put an umber glaze over it and have them fire it. Or maybe not.

And I couldn't pass up these glass pedestals dishes...



So cute for just a couple of bucks! It looked like someone dropped off granny's glass collection...so very much glassware! I was good. Just these two.

And then I spied this for two bucks...



It was a no-brainer! #1 because I collect unique handmade boxes and #2...because it reminds me of this...



Hubby Jerry's dad made this table when Jerry was young. He says he remembers his dad working on this...cutting the wood...and piecing it together. I loved this table the second I laid eyes on it. Hmmmm....and it looks quilty too! Imagine that! But anyway...we just love the wood inlaid table...and the box is of the same style. Love it!

And, as noted last week....the little piece o'pottery I picked up to hold crochet hooks...I did go back to see if the companion mugs were still there...and they were...



and so now they're home with me. Along with the Oneida silver plate/tray, the little glass spice jar with stopper...and the two darling silver ladles! The ladles were taped to a glass divided dish...and the whole set was marked $2. When the gals were ringing up my purchases, I explained that I only was going to take the ladles...that they could keep the glass dish, charge me the two bucks, and then go ahead and resell the dish. Instead, they said "How about you pay 50 cents for the silver and we'll call it good" and I said SOLD!

So that's my haul for the past week. Now to put them all to good use! What's your favorite find this week?

*Peace!

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Fun stuff! You always find the goods. I don't do well thrifting. I guess I just don't have the eye. lol!

Cari-in-VA said...

Silver serving spoons for .50 cents - wow! I love all your finds - those glass pedestal dishes are beautiful.

Kim's collection numer 118 - unique handmade boxes. heehee,I'm keeping count for you.

That table DH's dad made is just beautiful and the box is a peferct compliment to it.

Enjoy your day, Kim!

Loraine said...

Cool stuff! I was thinking of you last week when I bought a turquoise vase. Not antique, but looked like something you would buy. Love it!

Paula C. said...

Wow! You really had a good week. I love the box you found. I promise I will get out soon - maybe next week, and see what I can find. I have been super busy getting ready for a tatting workshop this weekend. It's going to be so much fun =)

Carol said...

I love visiting on Thursdays to see what gems you've discovered, Kim! The box is so pretty and unusual--what are you going to store in it? And, wow, that table your father-in-law made is spectacular--that must have taken him years to build.

Littlebit said...

I'm like Margaret..I guess you have to have the knack for finding such treasures. And I bet you have to go more than once in a blue moon. LoL! Great finds, KK!

Deb said...

You done good on the thrifty shopping once again. Your G'Willy's is better than what I have around here. I have to travel to other cities for stuff. But you got some great things this week! BTW, that table your FIL made is amazing and that box goes perfectly with it.

Catherine said...

You've done it again!

My favorite is the box to go with that fabulous table! What a family treasure!

Tolentreasures said...

Great finds! I remember your cabbage dish. I have one here also and my girls all hate it! Funny!

Cathy

Deb said...

What a fabulous haul - I do love glass pedestals. And the lettuce - genius!