Thursday, April 08, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!

It's that time of the week again! Time for a Thrifty Thursday post! One stop at a local G'Willy's was all I was able to swing this past week. Friday evening the hubs and I went out for dinner...and when we were finished I suggested a quick stop at G'Willy's. I spent $7....

Green Mexican Pottery Sugar & Creamer set....



Don't you LOVE the earthiness of Mexican pottery? I love it. Granted, I don't love ALL Mexican pottery...but there are several genres of it that I love and pick up every chance I get. The color on this set is so vivid! And nary a crack or chip on it! And these are larger pieces. The 'creamer' could be a small teapot! Two bucks per piece!

and then another 'earthy' pottery find!



Can you tell I grew up in the 70s? I love all things earthy, groovy and mod. And this I just loved! A buck...it will hold my crochet hooks! There were two mugs that coordinated with this and I left them there. But if they're still there when I stop back, I may have to grab them. They weren't matchy matchy, but clearly part of the set. So maybe next week you'll see the companion pieces!

Silverplated little coaster/dish things....



Marked "Italy"...I loved these. They were taped together...two of them...$2..which was probably $1 too much, but hey....what's a buck! And imagine my surprise when I untaped them...the outside surfaces were tarnished, but the surfaces that were against each other were bright and shiny, so these will clean up nicely!



So not a bad little haul for the cost of dessert! Did you make it out and about to search for treasure this week? Would love to hear what you found!

*Peace!

12 comments:

Margaret said...

Love that Mexican sugar and creamer set! Cool! My DH loves pottery -- tends to pick up pretty mugs and pots and the like once in a while. :D

Tolentreasures said...

Love all your finds. I found some wool this week and a Wheel of Fortune game for my grandsons. They LOVE Wheel of Fortune! They cried when their Mom made them leave the game at Gramma's!

Can't wait to yard sale and flea market...really feeling the pull!

Cathy

Cari-in-VA said...

I just love it that your husband goes along on your thrifty adventures!

Enjoy your day!

Deb said...

Cool finds Kim, as always. I couldn't get my DH out on a trip like that if I enticed him with all his favorite things. He hates, hates to shop!

Going out this weekend for some antiquey/thrifty fun. Love a good hunt!!

Andrea said...

Great finds!

Catherine said...

Oohhh! I love the green!!!

Deb said...

gorgeous treasures. I wish I had a G'Willy's here.

Carin said...

Please take a look at my blog. You received an award!!!!

Hugs,

woolwoman said...

Kim - thanks for the comments on my blog - Maybe they had the tables mislabeled at OGC. anyway your pottery is so pretty - love pottery pieces and maybe one day you'll find that piece of Rookwood for a buck! Cheers! Mel

Jan said...

NO searches for me, but maybe next week! I just love that mexican pottery you got your crochet hooks, that is so pretty!!

Enjoy your future hunting!

Siobhan said...

Great finds... but I'm always partial to the pottery!

Have a great weekend. :)

Paula C. said...

Great finds! I haven't been able to get out and look lately but hope to soon =)