Monday, April 05, 2010

Monday Happenings

Sometimes it's hard for me to realize I have Mondays off now.....it seems like I just have longer Saturdays and Sundays...and Monday nights now seem like Sunday nights....getting myself psyched up to go in to the office. I'm hopeful the work weeks will actually seem shorter as the new schedule sets in!

So today being Monday...and also spring break for Jake......I spent a little extra time here...



Yep. I admit it. I slept in this morning. But hey...when you have someone that's so wonderful to just snuggle with...



do you blame me? Emmitt loves to sleep in. He's very serious about it. Very. Serious. about his sleep time. So I slept in a little...you know, to humor him!

I sewed a little on the curved blocks...



but for most of the day I stitched on the 1814 Butterfly Collection...



making some progress! I'm over in to the second half now. The empty little spots are where over one critters will be.....



I'm saving them for last! I would love to have this done by this weekend. I keep hearing pleas for attention....



Heels are wanting to be turned...socks are wanting to be knit! So hopefully I'll be spending some quality time with yarn soon!

A rather laid back day......I liked it!

*Peace!

17 comments:

Jeanne said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes napping with my dog -our little Abby loves to sleep and we have to practically drag her out of bed in the mornings. Emmit looks pretty darn happy in his covers LOL. The butterfly piece is really coming along Kim - won't be long now!

Tolentreasures said...

What a great day! I would love to have Mondays off! Lucky you!
Cathy

Cari said...

I too love sleeping in, looking at your beautiful quilt in progress, admiring your butterfly collection, and smiling inside looking at your beautiful green yarn!! Have a great week Kim!

Margaret said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me! :D Glad you got to enjoy your Monday off!

Katrina said...

Love all the pictures and Emmett is a sweetie :-).

Glad you have those three day weekends. I worked a compressed schedule when I worked and the 5 days weeks were always so much longer than the 4 day weeks. You'd really notice if you had a situation where you had to work that Monday and had the two day weekend.

mac said...

You get to sleep in, then work on things you enjoy.
That is not a good day. That is a GREAT day :-)

Laurie in Iowa said...

Emmett is just making sure you remember to take enough time for 'relaxation'. Your WIPs are looking fabulous. Are you really sure you want to leave all those over one motifs until the end???

Jan said...

Glad to see you had such a wonderful Monday! I bet you never dread Monday's now! :) LOVE the butterflies.

Sharon said...

Everything is oh so pretty, beautiful work and that Emmett I wouldn't be able to resist him either. Have a great week!

Loraine said...

I'm glad you slept in! So fun with a little friend!
Your sampler is looking wonderful. It will look perfect with you butterfly collection!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

I wish I had the opportunity to sleep in more often! It does the soul good once in a while.

Your butterfly wip is coming along nicely - you'll finish by the weekend, I bet!

Brenda said...

Pets are masters at relaxation, and we do well to follow their examples!

Lovely quilt! I don't envy you those curved seams however.

Littlebit said...

I love it when I don't have to work Mondays, either, KK! But I spend all of that time cleaning and getting ready for the rest of the week. lol. Your butterflies are coming along great!

Karoline said...

Sounds like an ideal day :) The butterflies and quilt blocks look lovely.

Jan said...

We all need days like that, and more then ocassionally! Sleeping in is good for the soul and the puppy!

Love your butterfly progress, and I think that color of yarn is yummy!!

Catherine said...

I could so use a me day - sleep in and stitch - sounds great to me!

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Emmett looks so much like Sophie that I did a double-take when I saw him. Is he schnauzer? Sophie schnoodle (schnauzer/poodle).