Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thrifty Thursday & A Winner!

On my day off on Monday, a few hours was spent with the spouse....and we went thrifting.

I found a few things...



Was very excited to find another one of these!



A Nash's Coffee glass jar. You might remember I found one at an estate sale last summer...it was square...this one is round! and three bucks!



and another fabbo piece...I believe it's Japanese pottery...can't make out the mark.



but it's earthy and has a PEAR painted on it...so it's mine! It was a buck!

And then for another buck...



I suppose I didn't ever mention that I kind of collect chopsticks? Just unique ones! These fit the bill. They're now residing in a vase with the others I have!

Thanks so much for the entries for the cross stitch mug! Random Number Generator picked #23!

pam1228 said...

Love all your thrifty finds. What a great mug! Please enter me for a chance. Thanks. Pam A

Pam you're the winner!!! Please email me (kwiltykim@hotmail.com) and let me know where to mail it! Congrats!

Thanks for stopping by for another edition of Thrifty Thursday! Stay tuned for more thrifty giveaways!

Have you checked out YOUR Goodwill lately?

*Peace!

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Congratulations to the winner! I love that Japanese pear bowl -- so pretty! And chopstick collection, huh? Well, we used to have some.... don't know where they went though! lol! I hope you collect Chinese chopsticks and not Japanese. Much easier to use. :D

Linda said...

I so bummed I missed your mug drawing. That is too cute...I'm going to have to be on the look out for one of those! Love your stuff!

Linda

Cari-in-VA said...

Congratulations to Pam. I love the coffee jar, what an amazing find and at a steal! The pear bowl is just beautiful and another collection, what number are you up to? :-)

audrey enloe said...

Congrats to the winner! What do you do with everything that you buy?

Paula C. said...

Congrats to Pam! Nice finds for you =) I plan to go thrifting as soon as my shoulder is better. Right now it hurts like heck to drive. I might be able to persuade dh to take me this weekend. We'll see....

Deb said...

Congrats to Pat. I swear that I just saw one of those jars at the antique store. I'll have to check when I go back. And yes, I have visited my local Goodwill and came away with some good things. Cheap - always a good thing!

Myra said...

Congratulations Pam! I am loving the coffee jar, so vintage.

Catherine said...

Congrats to the winner!

You amaze me with the things you are able to find and the collections that you have!

pam1228 said...

I just can't believe I won the cute mug! I really need to get out and check the goodwill shops. Maybe I will find one of those great coffee jars. Thanks for selecting me as the winner.
Pam

Littlebit said...

What a great jar for coffee beans, KK! :)