Thursday, March 04, 2010

Thrifty Thursday & A WINNER!!!

$6.83 this week!! That's it! But I love the three finds that came home....



The big ginger jar...LOVE it! Four buckaroos! Nary a chip crack or other damage.



And obviously I love the Asian antiques and accessories...and so was equally excited to find the little wooden rice bucket too! $1.00. Sold! I don't necessarily think either piece has age, but I'm not sure....in any event I love them! And the funky chicken...well...yeah...of course he had to come home! All funky chickens must come home to roost atop my kitchen cabinets! It's marked "ARDCO Fine Quality DALLAS" and I just love him!! And for another buck...well...done deal!

I just love decorating with unique finds like these! Hubs says sometimes "Oh you could have found something like that at Pier 1" ...blah blah blah...yeah but not for THESE prices and not with the same character!! :o) And I have a story to tell about my finds...so that makes them wonderful to me!

In a recent House Beautiful blurb...designer Todd Richesin (LOVE his style!) predicted that the collected interior will become increasingly popular. He said collections reflect a life well-lived. Yeah...that's what I'm shooting for...a life well-lived!!!

And so let's just add to someone else's collected interior...shall we? Thanks for the interest in this great Donna White prim plate! It was a ridiculous two bucks...and though not entirely my style...I had to rescue it and pass it along!



The plate is heading out to dwell in the home of.............

#20 - Audrey Enloe! Congrats to you, Audrey...you sniffed that plate right out! I can tell from your comment you might be excited to get it, which makes me very happy to send it along to you!

I'll be offering some other treasures as the weeks go along, so I do hope you'll stop back again!

To answer Linda's question from last week about the marker and removing it from the silver....the marker wipes right off...with very little effort at all! Effortless! :o) I have picked up some things...mostly wooden...where I really just want to SHAKE the poor soul working in the back that marks these things...because they prove difficult to remove marks from wood....nail polish remover works wonders sometimes.

As always, I love reading your comments and thanks so much for taking the time to stop and check out my finds this week!

If there's every anything in particular you are looking for...drop me a line. I'd love to keep my eyes open for something you collect!

*Peace!

14 comments:

Cari-in-VA said...

Love that rooster he is great and what unique colors! Congrats to Audrey for winning the plate - she'll have to send a picture of it's place of honor.

Enjoy your day!

Margaret said...

Congrats to Audrey! Love your finds this week. So cool! And yes, I need to remember that quote from House Beautiful. That's me -- a collected house! lol!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Congrats to the winner. Have you tried using Krud Kutter on the markings on wood? My daughter was able to take up dried paint off our hardwood floors with that product. It worked wonders.

audrey enloe said...

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM SO SO SO SO EXCITEDDDD!! THANKS KIM!!!!!!!!! OHHHH!!!!!!!
I am SO GOING to take a pic of its home and DEFINITELY post it on my bloggggg!!!!! OMG!! THANK YOUUUU!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Audrey

audrey enloe said...

OH YES! and I ADORE that rooster tooooooo!! I want him!!! :)

Beth said...

Hey, I have two of those roosters, my mom gave them to me, I know one is orange, I can't remember what the other one's color is, I want to say it's yellow. I've had them for years, they are cute.

Marjean said...

I have never known anyone else but me that collected funky chickens. I am so glad to know that I am not the only one. If it looks like a normal chicken I don't want it, just the special ones. Welcome to my club LOL
I always check to see what you got at Gwillys. My store NEVER has anything good like your finds.

Michelle said...

I much prefer the collected house look to the I bought everything at Pottery Barn look. Cute rooster. That rice caddy is fabulous!!

Catherine said...

Wow! Great finds again!!

Congratulations to Audrey - her response made me chuckle - you can just feel her excitement! Looks like she's gunnin' for your rooster too!

Littlebit said...

LoL! Audrey cracks me up with her passion for things she wants. Congrats, Audrey!!
I have a couple of chickens, too. Hmm..several, as a matter of fact, my favorite being a very rusty one that looks like it belonged on a small weather vane.

mac said...

Who doesn't like roosters?

I've got a french rooster bath mat. How do I know it's a french rooster, you ask.

Well, he says, "Bon Jour". I didn't take three years of highschool french for nuthin'.

And, my favorite shirt of all time had Foghorn Leghorn on it.

Yep, I'm a rooster guy :-)

KsMaryLou said...

o.k. girlie you've got to head south for a visit.........not only to go to nell hill's but gwilly's too. you come up with the most remarkable treasures. i am disappointed though you haven't hauled a clown home for the hubs. lol

Deb said...

You just always find the greatest things!!! I definitely love the idea of collected decorating! Sounds like a good way to use all the thrifty finds.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Great chicken! Congrats to Audrey!