Saturday, March 06, 2010

So Far This Weekend.....

Having a great weekend!!! How about you? I kicked off the weekend with some late night cake baking last night....



My supercool blogless friend, Kimm (Hi Kimm!), mentioned yesterday that she was going to bake this yummy cake...a Pig Pickin' Cake. Well it sounded delish...so I googled the recipe...found lots of different ones...but settled on one attributed to Paula Deen.



Sinfully delicious! OMGosh! YUM! Late night cake bakin' is the best!! Thanks for the idea, Kimm!

Today mid-morning I headed out to my pal, Twyla's, quilt shop for some marathon quilt pin basting and chicky chat time! It was a successful 3 hours or so....



Five quilts basted and ready for quilting! My fingertips are slightly swollen, but I think I'll make it! I ran out of pins, and so Twyla and I searched the shop high and low for every stray safety pin we could find. It all worked out! Thanks, Twyla! I'll bring back your 54 safety pins soon! ;o)

Then home I came...down to the sewing room to cut some kits....



and update my Ebay listings full of quilty goodness! The Stars & Bars starter kits are proving quite popular and I am running out of the blue star bunting already, but I guess that's a good thing!

While downstairs...I fondled these...



because I think I've changed my mind (hey...it's my prerogative!)....and my next project will be the Asian prints......just because!

Will I get to it this weekend? Or will I get the five basted quilts quilted? Or will I continue with the fabbo sock knitting? Or will I stitch on one of the many samplers I have started? AAAACK! I haven't decided yet! Stay tuned.........and I hope you're making the best of YOUR weekend!

*Peace!

10 comments:

Paula C. said...

Wow! Five quilts basted?! I have some basted, some tops, some blocks, some partially quilted all in the garage. I really do hope I will get back to them some day. Thanks for not posting a chocolate dessert, lol! I am behind by a couple of recipes I've seen on blogs. Next up for me is the Neiman Marcus cookie.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Yeah... you're going to be making the Oriental fabrics quilt top. Can't wait to see what you have planned.

I can imagine that your fingers are a bit sore after pining 5 quilt tops...YGG...

I've been doing a bit of this and a bit of that this weekend. Enjoy!

mac said...

Cake !

....that pretty much sums up where I became too distracted to follow this post;-)

Paulette said...

Oh good, I'm glad you're going to see about those Asian prints! Can't wait!

Egads - 5 quilts? My fingers hurt after 5 pins! LOL

Hmm... my weekend has been full of cleaning and charting and a little bit of stitching!

Paulette

Susan said...

I take it they were not 5 king size quilts that you pin pasted. Please tell me NO! not in 3 hrs. That was mighty fast work!
Happy stitching on whatever your choice is!

Catherine said...

I'm not a quilter, but I can only imagine that five quilts is a lot!!

That cake looks delicious! I may have to try some of that late night baking!!

Margaret said...

Ok, basting 5 quilts is pure dedication! I assume you weren't on the floor doing this? That's the worst! And the way I always do it. Pain! Love that flowery quilt backing! Oooohhhh! The cake looks yummy too -- you're always showing yummy, fattening things! I'm excited about the Minick & Simpson starter kit! :D Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend!

TamboinMO said...

This is my husband's favorite cake that his mom makes for him on his birthday....Yummy isn't it!

Deb said...

Wow Kim, I can't wait to see what you did with the rest of your weekend. I can't believe that you got five tops basted and the weekend is still young (sort of). I definitely need to try that cake - I love cake - just don't eat enough of it!

Sew Unique Creations said...

I love this cake recipe! It's really an old recipe that I got from my Grandma and she had been making it since the 50's believe it or not! Her recipe is called Pig Lickin' Cake - I love the name! Your quilt kits look fun!!!!