Monday, March 29, 2010

Slowing Things down

I've embarked on my next quilt.



It involves templates.....and curves....

The thing about templates is it slows down the cutting process. There's no whipping the rotary cutter through strips...nope...it's slow moving around curved templates. Eventually....



the cutting is done....



And the thing about curves is....they slow things down too! I find myself doing things I don't normally do when I'm whipping patchwork through the Bernina.

I'm finger creasing...



and matching creases....



and pinning....



and sewing.....



slowly......



manipulating the curves....



and it's so worth it when you open up the sewing and you have curves!






Yes this new quilt will be slowing things down a bit. It won't be whipped out overnight, and I'm okay with that.



It's good to slow things down sometimes!

Another thing that will slow ME down today as far as sewing progress...a new book!



This is a feast for the eyes!!! I'll be spending lots of today with it!

*Peace!

6 comments:

Katrina said...

Pretty! So are you still loving your three day weekends :-)?

Deb said...

Yummy fabrics Kim! And I commend you on all that cutting, pinning, etc. Definitely is a slow go, but if really going to be a beauty when it's finished!

Margaret said...

Ooooohhhh! I can't wait to see more! I used to do curves. Not anymore though. lol! As for that book -- it's on my wish list! That and many other Kaffe books.

Littlebit said...

Oh, Kim, that is going to be spectacular, and I cannot wait to see more progress!! MM

Laurie in Iowa said...

Ahhh... some very lovely fabrics are going into making the curvilcious quilt top. Sometimes slow is a good thing.
Kaffe new book looks good too.

Catherine said...

Oohhhh....loving the fabrics and those curves!! Can't wait to see more!