Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Little This..Little That...

I feel like I've been floundering....flitting from one project to the next and not really making any progress on anything! This is what happens when I have UFOs...whether they be samplers or quilts....I freak out! LOL But I'm trying to calm myself down and get down to creative business!

The past couple evenings, I've put a little bit of time in on the 1814 Butterfly Collection.



Honestly..this is not complicated stitching, so I've decided to stay the course on this one and just get it done before I put any stitches in anything else. One less UFO will do my stitching soul a world of good!

And Lord knows I've been in no hurry to whip out these little beauties...



but I have been appliquing a couple here and there. This UFO really does not bother me!

I also have a couple pair of socks in progress....having short-row-heel anxiety. But I've been invited to join a knit group and I'm going on Thursday and hope that being around others that have been there/done that will give me some knitty heel confidence! Not sure why I've put up this block...I mean...I've already done heels...twice....so I just need to DO IT! And then I'll have sock progress to show you too!

I've also got a quilt on the cutting table...and Ellie Mae the Fat Cat reminds me every time I'm down there that rug hooking is waiting for me too. She has decided that my open basket of wool strips makes a most cozy napping spot. Guess I'll be hooking with kitty hair and wool!

So many creative endeavors may make me flitty...but I love flitting apparently! So hopefully I'll have many more progress pics to show as the weekend draws near!

Thanks so much for everyone's interest in this..



The drawing is coming up, but there's still time to let me know if you'd like your name included! Just go hear and leave a comment and you're in!
It's all boxed up and ready to ship out to it's new home! Winner announced on this week's Thrifty Thursday post!

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your comments! I would love to hear if you have a 'flitting' problem when it comes to your hobbies and how you handle it all!

*Peace!

15 comments:

Paula C. said...

Hmmm You call it "flitting". I prefer to think of it as crafty A-D-D. I cross stitch, knit, crochet, tat, do bead work, used to quilt and do scrap booking too but those have gone to the way side. Need I say more?

Catherine said...

So many projects, so little time....just remember to breathe!

Tammy said...

You do have lots on going on but it helps to keep life exciting:). Hang in there, you'll get them finished.

Margaret said...

Oh Kim! Your WIPs are sooooo pretty!!! Yes, I tend to have flitting problems too. It's hard, isn't it? When I feel that wandering bug coming on in the midst of a project, I find a good audiobook. I get so involved in the book that I forget I want to wander and keep working. And eventually I get to the point where I'm happy with the project I'm working on again! :D But flitting from one craft to another -- that's a harder one. lol!

Carol said...

Oh, Kim, those butterflies are incredible--love the colors! Can't wait to see your finish on this one :)

Cari-in-VA said...

Kim, your butterfly piece is just stunning! I am so glad you are sticking with it as I look forward to watching your progress.

The basket quilt is coming along nicely as well.

I can tell that you are making great use of that extra day.

Enjoy your week.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Love the butterfly piece that you're stitching and those adorable little applique baskets.
Enjoy your new knitting group. I'm sure they'll be able to lead you through your sock heel issues.
Yup, from time to time I've been struck with stitching ADD... I recently started three brand new stitching projects and my AAWFAA hasn't seen a needle and thread in a couple of weeks. Just go with the flow... remember, this is supposed to be fun, not a job with rules and regulations.

Kelly said...

Your butterfly piece is cool. I have not seen this pattern.

I like flitting. I walk home and think about what I am going to work on in the evening. If I am tired or my eyes hurt, I might pick something with bigger holes or something easy. BTW...I love seeing all your WIPs on your blog.

Deb said...

Kim - I've been floundering too - picking up one thing and dropping it for another. I think I need a good smack or something. Love your butterflies - those blues are right up my alley. Love the basket quilt too!

I hope you have fun with your new knitting group. Sometimes that just the thing to do to get the creative juices going. Although if you're like me, I keep jumping up and looking for more stash! LOL

Erin in MI said...

I think most of us have the flitting issue with our projects. I blame the internet LOL. I love to cross-stitch and quilt, and throw a little knitting and crochet in, too. Once I decided to count my UFO's...when I hit 35 cross-stitch projects started and 20 quilt projects started, I stopped counting. It was getting too depressing!

Although, since the job loss in Feb. it seems as though I'm cranking through the UFO's pretty well. I'm almost finished with with my 2nd UFO in a month - not too shabby!

sewcreative said...

Wow! Those blues are so vibrant and beautiful.

Terri

Deborah/LavenderRose said...

How do you keep up with that quilting, Kimber?? So beautiful...all of it. I'm so happy that I'm not the only one who's a "skip-a-holic." :]
Please put my name into your draw. I can't imagine what all you'll include, knowing you!! :p
Hugs always, Deb

Taryn said...

Your floss colors are dreamy.

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

You do have a lot going on but you also accomplish a GREAT deal! Love the butterflies and the basket quilt is fab!!!

Michelle said...

Love the blue butterflies - so pretty! And your basket blocks are fabulous. Can't wait to see those socks with the excellently turned heels!!!