Thursday, March 18, 2010

Gone To Texas To See Some Quilts!

While I was "Gone to Texas"...I hit up the Dallas Quilt Celebration....at Market Hall...which was full of quilts, quilters, vendors and more!

One of my most-read books lately is this...



I've had it for a while and have been drooling and tagging pages with lots of quilts I want to make! I love Betsy Chutchian's work...and was so excited to be able to see quite a few of the quilts from the book live and in person at the Lone Star House of Quilts booth. Gorgeous! Not to tease you...but of course since it was a vendor booth, I didn't take any pics.

HOWEVER....having followed Betsy's work...along with her group the 19th Century Patchwork Divas...I was ECSTATIC to be able to see this one live, up close and personal...the work of Linda Cordell Wilkey...also a member of the 19th Century Patchwork Divas...



LOOOOOOVE!!!!



A reproduction quilt....



Who says reproduction has to be dark? I LOVE the color! color! color!!!!



Tied for best in show in my book! ;o)

Are you wondering what actually was Best in Show? It was VERY deserving of the honor...



Stunning.....



Impressive work!

More quilt pics to come....

*Peace!

6 comments:

Kathie said...

I am going to be making this quilt !!!!!
I have been collecting fabric for it and the gone to Texas quilt!
ah don't you LOVE Betsy's book? I do!
Kathie
PS
happy national quilting day!
come visit I am having a giveaway on my blog to celebrate! PLUS I will be spending the day sewing !!!!! Hope you will be too!

Margaret said...

Oh wow!!!! I looooove that quilt! Color color color! Fantastic! Luckily I have enough brains in my head to know I'll never be able to tackle that one myself. lol! Thanks for the pictures! I prefer that one over the best of show quilt, but I'm sure it would make a difference to see both in person too.

Littlebit said...

Oh good golly what a wonderful quilt!!! I think you should make it right up on your extra day off. lol! :) MM

Stef said...

They are stunning, I'd have been drooling all over them! And lucky you to have been able to see them in person!!

Dawn N. said...

I love that quilt! And thanks for sharing pics from the quilt show!

Catherine said...

Bea-u-ti-ful!