Monday, March 22, 2010

Feeding the Stash...Feeling the Love

Saturday was National Quilting Day.....so in the spirit of the holiday (ahem!) I ventured out and into a local quilt shop while I was out running errands on Saturday. Came home with a little something....



I was restrained...and good. :o) I LOVE the Antique Quilts magazine...aLOT! You'll be seeing some future projects coming from the pages....no doubt!

And I added to the repro stash...



Just a few! Did I mention I shopped in the back....where the sale stuff was? Yep...one yard cuts..for $5.00. Three please. ;o)

And I've stalked the sale room of this particular shop from time to time...and there has been a print that I have always been drawn to....with no idea why....but I caved in on Saturday and said what the heck....five yards please.... of this....



Yeah...I know. I have no idea. Must be the inner child of the 70s coming out....but I'm glad it's home now...on the shelf...waiting for inspiration!

Earlier in the week I was giddy with excitement to receive a gift from across the pond. I have a dear sweet pal, Julia...who lives in England. And we have conversed and she sends the most beautiful letters...like, real letters. She was so sweet to send me a couple things "English"...



Tea! and ENGLISH HOME magazine! Be still my heart....I have been all over that magazine....twice. LOVE it!! Thank you ever so much, Julia! Your kindness is much appreciated!! :o)

I also felt some bloggy love from Charlene



Thank you, Charlene! I'm honored!! The thing is...I'm supposed to come up with 7 things you may not know about me. This could be hard....I pretty much am an open book and blab about everything via this blog! But...hmmmm.....I'll give it a shot.

1. In high school, I participated in an FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) competition and I was deemed to the be 5th fastest typer in the State of Ohio. Wooohooo!! Impressed? LOL I think I was at 118 wpm or something.

2. I was on the swim team in junior high school....breast stroke. I have a letter...somewhere...I love the water.

3. I was born in San Diego, California....dude..that might explain some things...fer sure.....but moved to Ohio before I was a year old...so I'm a Buckeye at heart..with a little beachy hippie in my blood apparently.

4. I had a practice marriage....right out of high school...because I could and because parents didn't want me too. LOL Yeah....I was a good girl all through high school...but hand me the diploma..BAM..rebel I became! I came to my senses at the age of 25 and two kids later, and never regretted any of the decisions I made. It's made me who I am!

5. Growing up, I wanted to be a teacher. My two younger brothers were fabulous students in my pretend classroom. Yep..a teacher...even though my dad said I like to argue so much I should look in to a career in law! LOL But I wanted to be a teacher....or a Price is Right girl....I could pet a TV like no other!

6. I hate scary or violent movies. Even the trailers....can't watch them. At all. Period. EEEEEK!

7. I'm going to be a Grammy!! Son, Brennan and his gal Amber are going to have a baby...in June...a girl! Yep...there...I said it..I'm going to be a Grammy!!

Whew! Okay...I think I need a cup of tea...and some chocolate...and magazine....

*Peace!

9 comments:

Deb said...

Wow Kim - first off the stash - I love all of it! Even the flashback to the 70's fabric. I liked ready all the things about you! I do love a rebel!!! And congratulations on becoming a grandmother soon! How exciting. I can definitely see some great quilty and knitty things in your future for the new little one!!!

Catherine said...

Great new stash! Sale rooms can be dangerous territory!

Congrats on being a Grammy! What a lucky little one that will be - all kinds of quilts, knitted things, cross stitch, etc. Ooohhh...I have an old Martha Stewart baby magazine with the most beautiful knitted sweater!!

Margaret said...

Love your stash!! I'm so mad -- I tried to find that Antique Quilts mag at my Barnes and Noble and they didn't have it. :( I want a copy so badly! And hey, congrats on the award, but especially on the becoming a grammie part!! Wow! So cool! And with your 7 things, we know how you managed to become a grammie at such a young age. lol! I hate scary and violent movies too. Although I've had to learn to watch some violent movies if I wanted to watch things with my son. lol! But scary, no way! Great fabric!! And great prices too!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kim about being a Granny, and So glad you enjoyed your English Present. Will treat you again sometime! Love Julia x

Cari-in-VA said...

Wow Kim - Congratulations on your award, it is well deserved. Your blog is always a treat to visit. And thanks for sharing bits of your life with all of us. I enjoyed getting to know you better.

Love your new stash, so many pretty fabrics and patterns.

And most of all congratulations on being a Grandma, I am so happy for you. And a little girl, how very sweet. Have they chosen a name yet? So have you switched from knitting socks to baby clothes?

Laurie in Iowa said...

Great stash haul Kim. Congrats on your upcoming Grammy...hood!

Cari said...

Great stash Kim!! Can't wait to see the 'flower child' fabric in a quilt. Love it!! And, congratulations on becoming a Grammy.... it's the BEST!! Hugs and have a great week!!

Karoline said...

Congratulations on impending grandmahood.

Great stash :)

Stef said...

Still trying to get caught up on my blog reading!!!! You will love being a Grammy! It's been the best time of my life, there nothing better than a grandchild to fill your heart with pure joy! Congratulations Kim!!!