Saturday was National Quilting Day.....so in the spirit of the holiday (ahem!) I ventured out and into a local quilt shop while I was out running errands on Saturday. Came home with a little something....
I was restrained...and good. :o) I LOVE the Antique Quilts magazine...aLOT! You'll be seeing some future projects coming from the pages....no doubt!
And I added to the repro stash...
Just a few! Did I mention I shopped in the back....where the sale stuff was? Yep...one yard cuts..for $5.00. Three please. ;o)
And I've stalked the sale room of this particular shop from time to time...and there has been a print that I have always been drawn to....with no idea why....but I caved in on Saturday and said what the heck....five yards please.... of this....
Yeah...I know. I have no idea. Must be the inner child of the 70s coming out....but I'm glad it's home now...on the shelf...waiting for inspiration!
Earlier in the week I was giddy with excitement to receive a gift from across the pond. I have a dear sweet pal, Julia...who lives in England. And we have conversed and she sends the most beautiful letters...like, real letters. She was so sweet to send me a couple things "English"...
Tea! and ENGLISH HOME magazine! Be still my heart....I have been all over that magazine....twice. LOVE it!! Thank you ever so much, Julia! Your kindness is much appreciated!! :o)
I also felt some bloggy love from Charlene
Thank you, Charlene! I'm honored!! The thing is...I'm supposed to come up with 7 things you may not know about me. This could be hard....I pretty much am an open book and blab about everything via this blog! But...hmmmm.....I'll give it a shot.
1. In high school, I participated in an FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) competition and I was deemed to the be 5th fastest typer in the State of Ohio. Wooohooo!! Impressed? LOL I think I was at 118 wpm or something.
2. I was on the swim team in junior high school....breast stroke. I have a letter...somewhere...I love the water.
3. I was born in San Diego, California....dude..that might explain some things...fer sure.....but moved to Ohio before I was a year old...so I'm a Buckeye at heart..with a little beachy hippie in my blood apparently.
4. I had a practice marriage....right out of high school...because I could and because parents didn't want me too. LOL Yeah....I was a good girl all through high school...but hand me the diploma..BAM..rebel I became! I came to my senses at the age of 25 and two kids later, and never regretted any of the decisions I made. It's made me who I am!
5. Growing up, I wanted to be a teacher. My two younger brothers were fabulous students in my pretend classroom. Yep..a teacher...even though my dad said I like to argue so much I should look in to a career in law! LOL But I wanted to be a teacher....or a Price is Right girl....I could pet a TV like no other!
6. I hate scary or violent movies. Even the trailers....can't watch them. At all. Period. EEEEEK!
7. I'm going to be a Grammy!! Son, Brennan and his gal Amber are going to have a baby...in June...a girl! Yep...there...I said it..I'm going to be a Grammy!!
Whew! Okay...I think I need a cup of tea...and some chocolate...and magazine....