Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Blue Butterflies & Green Grass

I must have spring on the brain.....my time is being taken up with insects and yarn....yarn and insects....I cannot help myself.....

Blue butterflies are forming under my needle.....



and lest you think such things do not exist...because I didn't realize they did, I found this on a thrifty adventure...



Behold Morpho Meneleus. Great Blue Morpho! Which hails from Guiana.
And lest you think I have actual insect knowledge.....I pulled all the info from the back of the framed beauty...



Oh yes...the things I find in my thrifty adventures are many...and somewhat unique! So the Great Blue Morpho will have some company...the 1814 Butterfly Collection.

And I must say...I cannot get enOUGH of the Fiberphile Envy socks...



Spring! Green Grass!! I'll take the colors of spring where I can get them at this point!

Butterflies...blue butterflies...and Green Grass socks are keeping hope alive that the snow will soon melt, the sun will shine and spring will be here!

*Peace!

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh I love the 1814 Butterfly Collection! Nice one there! And your socks are such a great color! Spring indeed -- can't wait for it! That butterfly -- the real one -- wow! Someone got rid of that in a thrift shop?! There's this guy that sells such things for mints of money! As art! Geez! I love it!!!

Laurie in Iowa said...

I feel all 'Springy' after reading your post. Blue butterflies...who knew?

Catherine said...

Oh I am so with you on the spring thing - bring it on!

Cari-in-VA said...

I love the 1814 Butterfly Collection it is a wonderful piece and perfect for Spring. Now the dead butterfly, I'm not too sure about, lol.

Love that green yarn, too! It is snowing here in VA AGAIN! I am so ready for spring to make an appearance.

Deb said...

Love the colors of both those butterflies! And those socks - just love that color. Looks like spring is definitely in the air around you. Seems like you accomplished a lot on your day off!!

Cari said...

Blue butterflies and green grass...mmmmm I can even smell Spring!!

Paulette said...

I'm soooo jealous of your socks! I'm as green as they are!!

And the butterflies are looking gorgeous - believe it or not, I did, in fact, know that blue butterflies existed! I know, I'm a bug geek. Ask Mom.

Paulette

Michelle said...

Love the 1814 Butterfly Collection! Beautiful with your recent find too. And the green yarn is fabulous! Ah Spring!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Great butterfly stitching and I love, love, love the green socks! I couldn't be more ready for Spring myself!

Bre said...

I'll give you a tour around the UNL insect building if you'd like...But then you would have to stitch cockroaches, tiger beetles, and the other gross things that are displayed near the butterflies!!