Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Working In The Red

I've been working in the red...and no, I don't think I'm talking about the balance in my checkbook, though I maybe should check after some of the recent stash acquisitions! EEEEK!

I've been slowly making progress on the Ann Rayner sampler.



I've been 'painting' her house. Red. I made a decision to put at least one length in on the house each evening, which of course led to me continuing on with her. The house is done...I'm trimming out the windows and steps and then ready to move on! I think once I get past that halfway point, she might move quicker!

And speaking of red...



I did restart my Mossy Mossy scarf. But this time decided to change from size 3 needles to size 7. I'm liking the looser knit, and expect that it will be moving along at a nice pace too!

Today is a sick day for me...nothing major...just a pain in the butt cold...sore throat (which I'm sure is also red!)...cough...sniffles...the works. So I decided to stay home..pamper myself. I tried to stitch for a bit, but I must be exuding sickly oils because my needle dulled right up, so enough of that! Perhaps I'll knit...and/or spend some time at the sewing machine working on the daughter's quilt.

Or maybe a nap!

*Peace!

15 comments:

Catherine said...

Aaawwww....so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling too chipper! I do hope you feel better soon.

Your progress is looking lovely and that scarf is beautiful!

I need a nap too....too much snow shoveling....now the blizzard winds have arrived, so I am giving in to mother nature........she wins today!

Cari said...

Poor Kim! I do hope that you'll be feeling better very soon and back to your energetic self.

A nap sounds like a wonderful idea!

Ann is coming along wonderful and of couse I love the red scarf!

Take care of yourself!

Deb said...

Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well Kim. I hope you get better soon, but maybe not quite good enough to go back to work, but good enough to stitch! LOL

I do love Ann and think that I'm going to start her soon. I love the bright colors in her. And love the red scarf too!

Take care of yourself!!! Did you make any decisions about the BOM???? That can make your checkbook go into the red (but just briefly!) :o)

Casa Pearl said...

Hope you are feeling better and thanks for sharing all your red goodness. It's very grey here today and this brightened my outlook. That yarn is to die for!

Melissa said...

Oh, take care that it doesn't turn nasty on you! Rest up!

Ann is looking good, and love that Red yarn. mayhaps it's near Valentine's DaY?

Margaret said...

I sure hope you feel better soon -- such a pain being sick! Loooove your Ann Rayner!!! And the scarf too! I sense a red streak of enormous proportions! lol!

Beth said...

What a pretty red scarf, looks like and snuggly. Almost makes me want to get my knitting stuff out again...Sorry to hear you're under the weather, hope you feel better really soon!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

I hope your feeling better, Kim. A cold is just not fun and how strange that your hands would have something that would strip the needle.

I love your sampler - may have to add that to my stash. Especially that red house - I think it might look great next to the Elizabeth Savilles I just finished!

Of course, red being my favorite color, I LOVE the scarf!

Feel better!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Ack... sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Love your Ann R. sampler and the lovely red scarf yarn.

Paulette said...

Oooh, I'm loving the progress, gf! And all that "red goodness," as Casa Pearl said - loved that! - is so beautiful!

Paulette
P.S. Feel better! :(

Deb said...

Both projects are looking lovely Kim. I am also a red lover so I feel your joy. Sorry to hear you're feeling bad - hope someone gives you a bit of TLC. Take care

Siobhan said...

I hope you're feeling better soon, Kim! I love your red projects, both the knitting and the gorgeous sampler. Very timely for this month! ;)

Sylvia said...

hope you have a speedy recovery, Kim. Your Ann Rayner is coming along very nicely. I love the start o your scarf.

Michelle said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Red is my favorite - so I'm loving the red house and the red yarn! Pretty!

Nicole said...

Beautiful progress on Ann. I love the silks you are using. I really want to stitch this one sometime soon! I also love your scarf. It's so pretty!