Thursday, February 04, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!

It's becoming a habit! Almost every Monday evening...as I drive home from the first day of the work week....tired...pooped...drained....I veer off to the Goodwill that's on the drive home. It's a relaxing thing for me....wandering aimlessly down the aisles....and this past Monday was no exception.

AND...I found a few things to bring home!



Love the blue Japanese round box (is that an oxymoron...a round box?)...and the lovely vintage gravy boat. The box still has a sticker on it from it's earlier days apparently in a shop of some sort. They were asking $9.00 for it...but...it ended up in G'Willy's and came home with me for $3.50! And my heart skipped a beat when I saw the gravy boat. For a moment, I thought it was a piece of Myott or Staffordshire....but I'm not sure. It's not marked as that. Just "Made in England"...but it's that other mark on the bottom that made me bring it home...



Buck fifty...sold!

Do you notice what those items are sitting on/in?



Wooohoooo!!! An International Silver tray! For two bucks! I was JUST telling the hubs that I was looking for this exact type of tray!

I know...we're all wondering why in the world hubs would engage in a conversation about thrift store silver on my 'want list'. Right? Well. It's because my friend, Deb comPLETELY surprised me with a wonderful thing!



Isn't it BeeeYOOtiful? Oh my GOSH I love it!! An orphaned salt (or maybe it's a pepper?) shaker!!! And just look how lovely it looks front and center on the lovely silver tray! And when you add in the others....well......



It's just exactly what I envisioned! I haven't had any orphans pop in to my path since my last one...so I just have these four for now. But I love the look! I can't wait to find more fabulous traditional porcelain shakers!! Ooooh I wonder if the tray will get filled? Thank you so MUCH, Deb! It was so nice of you to think of me! That made my day! :o)

I think it's safe to say that thrifting is a HECKUVA lot cheaper than real therapy....and so is blogging! Works for me anyway!!

*Peace!

14 comments:

Margaret said...

What great finds! I loooove that Japanese round box! And that Deb -- what a sweetheart! Love your shaker collection -- it looks perfect on that tray!

Cari said...

Kim, what wonderful finds. I love, love all three! And the orphan from Deb is just delightful - she is such a generous-hearted person.

Tolentreasures said...

Great finds. I haven't been thrifting in so long. I passed Goodwill the other day with a longing glance, but I had just experienced JoAnn's with an over eager four year old and really didn't think that I could handle Goodwill with him in the same decade.

Catherine said...

Not all habits are bad, right?

Great finds! You are the master!

Beth said...

Nice stuff you got there! Are you sure a couple of those things that look like salt shakers aren't hat pin holders? They look like they might be to me. Oh well, they are pretty all the same!

Loraine said...

Oh, love all the finds! Deb is a sweetie, isn't she? I swear blogging friends are the best friends to have!
2.00 for a silver tray? Wow! I don't think I better sell my silver after all, probably wouldn't fetch too much for it! (LOL)
Have a great day!

Melissa said...

You Lucky Lucky girl! What scrumptious finds and a lovely gift from Deb!

Michelle said...

Love that red and white shaker. Beautiful finds!

Littlebit said...

Oooh, beautiful finds, KK! That piece of English porcelain..I'll have to check my egg coddlers! I swear that pattern looks identical..maybe I can identify it.

Paula C. said...

Beautiful finds! I especially love the blue "box"!

Deb said...

Like I've said before, you always find the best things at your thifty places. What a deal on that silver tray! And I'm so glad you liked the shaker - it just had your name all over it when I saw it. It looks right at home with the rest of your shakers. And I totally agree with you - thrifting is a much better alternative to real therapy!!!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Great finds and that Deb is a dear heart! We just love her to pieces!

Myra said...

Thrifting is the best! I find it relaxing just to stroll the aisles in search of a treasure. :o) Love the silver tray.

Anonymous said...

The gravy boat looks like my SIL's/cousin's pattern. It was new to them when when they married in 1966 and 1967. Maria S.