Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Sweet, Spicy & Lazy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!! I hope you've had a wonderful day with the one you love! It's been a pleasantly lazy day around here today.

My morning started out with coffee in bed...and then I got up and came out to the living room...only to be greeted with this...



The hubs had chocolate at every turn near my stitching/knitting corner! Whattaguy!!

Then he made breakfast for me....oh so spoiled was I!

This afternoon, I decided to bake.......scones.



Cranberry-Orange scones with a buttermilk glaze, to be precise! Oooh yum...one of my fav' things! I'll post the recipe tomorrow, so stay tuned!

And then...before I knew it, it was evening and time for dinner. So I decided to treat the hubby to one of his favorites...



Doesn't that lemon just look so sunny?

Hubby was in the mood to sop up some good sauce with some crusty french bread...so I obliged with that good ol' standby favorite of ours...



Paula Deen's Fiery Cajun Shrimp. Sauce was sopped....fingers were messy.....there was some licking (ahem...of our OWN fingers, thank you very much)....and it was good.

And now I'm going to knit a bit and continue veggin' out. Seems to be the course for the day, and I'm not complaining! Must have something to do with the fact that I have tomorrow off, so it's easy to relish in a lazy Sunday afternoon without doom and gloom setting in!

I hope you've had a wonderful day!

*Peace!

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Sounds like a pretty perfect Valentine's Day! Us? Well we pulled out the grotty rug from my son's room, vacuumed and cleaned, and got ready for my sister and BIL and their kids and dog's arrival. Oh well!

Deb said...

What a fabulous day you had - good for you.

Siobhan said...

Sounds like a great day, Kim!

Paulette said...

How sweet of your hubby!!!! Happy Valentine's Day! (and how sweet of you to make one of his favorite dishes, btw!)

Paulette

Catherine said...

What a sweet Valentine's Day you had!