Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mid Weekend!

I've had to pinch myself a few times today....and also remind my tightening neck muscles that it's only the middle of my weekend now! This could take some getting used to!

It's been a grand weekend so far. I've been working with fun color! I finished up my Round Robin assignment, since our Round Robin group meets in a couple weeks! I didn't want to wait til last minute...and I had a plan!

This is the center block of the quilt I had this time around....



Isn't it gorgeous? Silks....so colorful and fun! Sorry...I can't show you the first round that was put on it...nor can I show you what I did to it...the owner of the center block may pop on my blog from time to time....but I can tell this one will be one of my favorites out of the group!

And I cast on another pair of socks with that glorious Fiberphile yarn in ENVY....



That's what I'm working on tonight.....k2p2 ribbing...but this yarn is such a joy to hold...I'm going to love making these socks!

I still haven't made a final decision on the next quilt...though I am leaning heavily toward these...



I may start cutting tomorrow if I stick with my decision! I do love the color in those Asian fabrics, but I think I have the wrong book for the quilt I was going to make and so need to order the book in that goes with the templates I have and that can be my NEXT quilt!

Don't forget to leave a comment on my Thrifty Thursday post (you can click here) if you want to win this great Donna White prim plate!



I'll be drawing the winner this coming Thursday, so there's plenty of time!

Time to refill the coffee cup...because even though it's after 8PM on a Sunday night...I can drink coffee and stay up all * night * long if I want because it's ONLY SUNDAY!!! :o)) Woooohooo!!

Thanks so much for the congrats and well wishes from you all on my good fortune of going part-time. I truly am excited about it all and look forward to sharing more of my days with you!

*Peace!

14 comments:

Susan said...

Congrats! on the extra day. You have fun!
Happy Stitching!

Catherine said...

What a colorful post! That block is amazing and the start of those socks is making my piggies jealous!

Enjoy your day off!!

Glenna said...

Love the silk block, and pea green with envy at your extra day a week. For me, it's Sunday, and the nap I took and diet coke I drank means I'm going to stay up late and be sorry tomorrow.

Cari-in-VA said...

Isn't it a great feeling to have a whole 'nother day to play!!! I am so happy for you.

Love your block - the colors are so vibrant and that Envy is enviable (sorry, I just couldn't help my self, lol)

Enjoy that coffee and have fun crafting tonite - us worker bees have to head to bed early.

Margaret said...

Ah so you have Mondays off. How nice!! That center block for your next RR is pretty! And the socks! Yum! How did you know I love green? lol! Go for those Civil War fabrics! Yay! Enjoy your extra day off!!

Littlebit said...

Oh my, that silk block is amazing!! Have fun on your extra day, KK!! It's only Monday, and I already am feeling a long week. MM

Beth said...

Love that sock yarn, I may have to go check it out, I have been in the mood lately to start making socks again, just have to find some yarn I like.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Ahhh... that silk block is a real beauty... such vibrant colors. Enjoy your extra day. You know we're all expecting lots more fabulous finishes now that you have that extra day. lol :-)

Leigh of Bloggeritaville said...

Gorgeous! Hope you have a great week. Stop by my place if you get a chance. Would love to have you visit.
HUGS!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Deb said...

Wow, those colors in that round robin block are fantastic. I love, love them!! I hope you have a wonderful day on your new day off!! It's kind of cool thinking that you can stay up all night on a Sunday night if you want!!!

Melissa said...

You know what I see? Gorgeous bright colours! Can spring be far behind?

Linda said...

When I changed jobs last summer I negotiated Friday afternoons off.....it would be extremly hard to go back now....some days I feel like a slacker but 20 years from now will I be glad I was doing something for me or working the extra afternoon. Lifes too short, capture it while you can! Linda

Bre said...

Can you PLEASE come to Omaha and teach my Mother and I how to cast on, we can't get the hang of it to save our lives!!! And then my Mum can take you to this String of Purls Yarn shoppee!

Mary Lou Weidman said...

Wow, love you colorful and fun blog. I just happened upon it and am so glad I did.
Please come and visit my blog.