Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Early Spring?!?!?

Happy Groundhog Day!! No matter what Punxutawny Phil may say today, it certainly feels like an early spring to me!!!

Ooooh la la!!!!



So excited! This is not QUITE as good as sunshine and spring blooms...but it's the next best thing to brighten my sewing room! Part of the new French General line - RURAL JARDIN - is shipping...EARLY! Yes!! I am pumped! The wovens you see above are on their way to my door...right here in the frigid frozen snow-infested midwest! This wasn't supposed to start shipping until MARCH!

If it's possible, I'm more excited about Rural Jardin than I was about Rouenneries! I think because it has BLUE in it! And it's just so FRESH! I can't wait to mix these in with the stash! The prints aren't here yet....but for now, I'll revel in the wovens!!

In other news, I did cave and purchase some new stash for the sampler stitcher in me. *sigh* And some new sock yarn...what can I say...I discovered The Loopy Ewe! Pictures at 11....ahem...or when it arrives! ;o)

It's an early spring! No matter what Phil has to say! ;o)

*Peace!

16 comments:

Paulette said...

OHH MY GOSH, OHH MY GOSH, OHHHHH MYYYY GOSHHHH!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!

NEED NEED NEED!!!!

Paulette

The Scarlett House said...

Oh Kim, I'm not a quilter, doggone it, I wish I were. But, those fabrics are beyond cool. I can't wait to see what they turn into. BTW, that iron of yours really has me intrigued.

Nicole said...

My mom is going to LOVE these. She loves anything with stripes and/or ticking!

Deb said...

Oh lord, why did I look? I love that fabric. Will be so perfect for mixing in with other things!! I just love the reds and blues!!! I can't wait to see the prints too!

Okay, I'm excited. And I missed your previous post, but I may have to consider that iron, especially if you say there is a lot of steam - I love steam - and yes, my current model is a Rowenta - it's been okay, but.....

Margaret said...

Ack! They're wonderful! Sigh.......

Laurie in Iowa said...

So Kim, will you be offering a fat quarter bundle of the New French General line?

Catherine said...

Love, love, love, the fabric!

Don't listen to Phil - even if it's overcast, he's bound to see his shadow with all the tv lights and cameras!!!

Spring is comin'!

Loraine said...

I am so in love with French General! What a great spring surprise!

Melissa said...

Those FG fabbies look wonderful. You're right - that blue sings spring!

Michelle said...

Oooh, gorgeous. I think I NEED some of these! (or all of them, whatevs)

Myra said...

Yummy fabrics. I will watching to see what gorgeous thing you make with them. :o)

Littlebit said...

Those fabrics ARE beautiful, KK, and I can't wait to see what you work up with them! MM

Linda said...

I say we vote if we want Spring.......I'm in.

Linda

Love your new stuff....Isn't it fun to get a package of fiber in the mail. I'm convinced someday people will be very happy at my estate sale.

Siobhan said...

Wow, what amazing fabrics!! They are a breath of fresh air.

Kaari Meng said...

Thanks for talking about our new fabric line - let me know if you want some scraps for a giveaway!

Kaari

Josephine said...

Sooo glad i bought these from you on ebay!! And it's exactly what i wrote on my weblog, it looks like SPRING!
Greetings from Holland,
Josephine Gaaf (gaafje3)