Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thrifty Thursday!

One stop...$11.25....and I say "Holy Moses! I found it!". In case you don't recognize the quote, it was uttered during the Creede Silver Strike! Yeppers....it was a silver strike for me at G'Willy's this week!



Ooooh lovely! And a few lovely old white little finds too! First up....



Lovely Homer Laughlin pitcher! Just some crazing...which I love! Two bucks! And then there was this little find...



It's marked Japan on the bottom. A mere quarter! Too darn cute to leave there and it will be right at home with my all white sugar bowl collection! Now no..I didn't set out to collect all white sugar bowls. It's just happened that way! What can I say!

Don't you love this???



I love it! A silver (ahem..or silverplate...but I refer to all shiny white metal as silver..I take creative license to use the term loosely!) apple! The leaf detail is exquisite! I looked quickly but could find no mark. $3.00. Home it came with me.

Then there was this!



Again...$3.00....marked International Silver...it is LOVELY!!! And then yet one more $3.00 piece...



WM Rogers two tier piece! I was very pleased to come home with such great pieces in my one and only outing this week.

Have you been out searching for treasure? Would love to hear about your finds!

*Peace!

11 comments:

Charlene ♥ SC said...

What a great day! I'd love to see a few of the displays of your collections, when you have a moment.

Catherine said...

Wow! You are amazing! A thrifty Thursday goddess!

Cari said...

Wow, what wonderful finds. I had extra time at lunch and no place to go - should've dropped by our local Goodwill. Maybe tomorrow!

Margaret said...

It's always so much fun to see what you find every week, Kim. No, I haven't gone thrifting. I tell you, I really should, but I don't. Pretty sad, huh? :D

Donna G. said...

How come my Goodwill doesn't have stuff for a quarter? You have inspired me to start doing Thrifty Thursdays. I stopped by the Goodwill today and carried a $6 cashmere sweater all around the store before deciding to take a chance and wait for it to be marked down 50%. I'm REAL thrifty! So I left with nothing.

Michelle said...

Ooh how fun! That apple was a real find - I love it!

Deb said...

Great finds once again Kim. I think that your Goodwill is much better than what I have around here. The pickins' have been dry lately. Love all the silver pieces. I've always had a thing for silver, but lordy, do I hate cleaning the stuff!!!

Myra said...

Wow! You really found some nice things. I always look for silver things when I go thrifting too.

Siobhan said...

Great thrifty haul, Kim!

Littlebit said...

Love the white pitchers, KK! Had I known you like sterling, I could have filled up your cabinet for you before making my own donation for someone else's Thrifty Thursday! I had some rather old pieces, including a tea set, that just had to go..not recently, though.

Alex said...

I haven't been 'treasure hunting' for a while, but it is sooo much fun! I love your pieces :o)