Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sun Stars & Sarah

Winding down another weekend...and boy was it a frigid one! I know everyone seems to be dealing with colder than usual temps! Perfect weekend to stay put inside, which is exactly what I did!

I finished up what I'm calling my Sun Star blocks!



I just love that Indigo Pewter & Honey line! I decided on a 12 block straight set...3 x 4...with a sashing in between. I plan to use a pewter from the line for the sashing...and then will bring out one of the darker prints for a border. But for now, I admire the blocks.

I got a little more in on Sarah Brignell.



I am telling you----these motifs are HUGE! And unfortunately the chart is all hand-charted and in black and white, so it's a little difficult to follow. I'm going to carry on and get that giant bloom on the right done...and then perhaps I will get the even MORE humongous central bloom stitched. I hope I don't grow sick of HUGE motifs! LOL

I got about 10 more rows done on my Mossy Mossy scarf...it looks like it did before, only a little longer...so no need for a pic today! ;o)

I hope you're having a warm & cozy Sunday!! Until next time...thanks for all your wonderful comments!

*Peace!

13 comments:

Kathie said...

I love these blocks , makes me want to buy this line and start making them
can't wait to see which one you chose for the sashing.
this is going to be a great quilt
Kathie

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Oooh, I love those blocks, Kim! The colors are fabulous and your stitchy progress looks great. Can't wait to see your scarf.

Margaret said...

Oh wow! Those blocks are just fantastic!!! Love the colors! And Sarah is looking wicked good too! :D Hope you survive the giant motifs!

Cari said...

Love the Sun Star blocks Kim. They are beautiful. Your color combination is awesome. Keep stitching on Sarah...I'm enjoying your progress!! Stay warm and have a good week!!

Katrina said...

Very pretty, both the quilt and Sarah :-). Stay warm!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Love those quilt blocks... great color combo. You're making progress on Sarah... stick to it.

Cari said...

Yep, the cold weather (and a fractured knee) were a great excuse to stay indoors and be crafty!

You made great progress on all those blocks - the colors are wonderful!

Sarah is coming along wonderful - don't quit yet, I'm enjoying watching your progress on this one.

Have a great week.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Love those quilt blocks!!

Dianne said...

Fantastic!!! Love it all!

Catherine said...

The colors in your blocks are fantabulous! I love it!

Great progress on your stitching. Who's ahead you or Paulette?

Stay warm and stitchy!

Deb said...

I just love those blocks Kim. I can't wait to see the quilt all put together. I'm really drooling on the keyboard over this one! Your Sarah Bignell sounds like AAWFAA. Huge motifs. Lots of fill in!

Heard that you weather was pretty frigid. Hope your staying warm and that it warms up soon. Spring can't come fast enough if you ask me!

Deb said...

I love these blocks - the indigo is great and the star is sparkly. Sorry it's still so cold - 43.7 C here yesterday, didn't go below 30 overnight - brutal.

Siobhan said...

Kim, omg!!! I love those quilt blocks. Amazing! The colors are fabulous. Sarah looks great, too, as does your blog header pic!