Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sun Stars and a Slice of Heaven

First quilt top finish of the new decade!

The Sun Stars quilt (aka Nutmeg Stars) is put together!



I loved working on these blocks.



And I went with the lighter fabric...mainly because I could easily find it in yardage online. Also, because I need to lighten up things a bit sometimes, since I tend to like dark quilts.



And I went with the 3 x 4 set, but on point...like the original pattern.



I can't wait to get it quilted!

And in other news----today is Pie Day! Did you know that? It is! And so in honor of this fabulous day, I made Paula Deen's Old Fashioned Fudge Pie.

Oh my word....



A slice of heaven on a plate. And I just bet you have all the ingredients on hand! Mmmmm...mmmmm.mmmmmm. Easy and delicious!! Time to put a pot of coffee on!!

*Peace!

14 comments:

KsMaryLou said...

Way to go Kim! This quilt is sooo cool. Oh yeah, the pie looks yummy too. ;-)

Laurie in Iowa said...

Love this quilt block and your finished quilt top. YGG... I'm not even going to look at that fudge pie snap.... Nope... not going to look...

Margaret said...

Congrats on the finish -- love it! Beautiful as usual! And the pie -- mmmmmmm. I've printed it off. Now to get the hubs to bake it for us! (He's the baker in the family.)

Beth said...

Your quilt came out fantastic! I have my pile of that fabric and the pattern all ready to go, I haven't ched it out yet though. I have quite a bit of fabric, I think I should be able to pull it off. Man that pie looks good!

Myra said...

Beautiful! I love the colors and the block.

Cari said...

Kim, your quilt top is just beautiful. The colors you chose are right on!! Thanks so much for sharing...now on to the pie!! HUGS and have a great weekend!!

Paulette said...

Beautiful! I really love this quilt - so crisp and clean and absolutely gorgeous!

Paulette

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Love the quilt, Kim. I can't believe how quickly you get them pieced together. Very impressive!

Littlebit said...

Oh, Kim! As always, your quilt is beautiful!! I always enjoy seeing what you will put together next. PIE?? OMG..looks so yummy!!

TamboinMO said...

The quilt is beautiful! And now of course, I'm going to have to google that recipe!

Deb said...

Love, love the quilt Kim!!! I guess I better since I hopelessly copied you and ordered the fabric! LOL
Is it my imagination or did you get that one finished in record time? I love it (oh, I already said that)!!

And that pie looks yummy. I might just have to make this (and then try to restrain myself and only eat a little piece).

Catherine said...

How beautiful your quilt turned out! I love it! And oh, that pie...........yum!!

Siobhan said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE it!! Those blocks are just amazing. Love love love it!

Michelle said...

How did I miss this one? Love the sun stars - awesome finish! I'm going to have to make that pie - it's calling to me.