Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Playing House

When I was a little girl, my most favorite thing to do was to play house! Whether it was with Mrs. Beasley, my Cabbage Patch doll, Baby Chrissy, Barbie and her gang, or even better, my two willing little brothers, it was what I loved the most. Playing house. Domestic diva was what I aspired to be!

Some late-week dental work has had me sidelined with some achy jaw issues. It has given me a chance to play house this week, instead of going in to the office and playing career woman.

I much prefer the domesticated tasks....



Laundry is done, folded and put away. The house is somewhat tidy.

I spent time in the kitchen.



They say a way to a man's heart is thru his stomach, right? The hubs loves chocolate chip cookies.



I greeted him with a smile when he came in the door and made comment about the smell of cookies in the air. I let him know he could have all this and more every day.....if I was allowed to just play house!

They say you should look back to when you were young, before the world got a hold of you and told you what you should do and what you could do, and go back to that time when you felt like the world was yours and you could do whatever you wanted to do and you were happy. And THAT is what you should be pursuing.

I should be pursuing a full-time gig playing house. Seriously.

*Peace!

10 comments:

Paulette said...

Oooh, I loved to play house! I also loved to play Barbies. Does this mean I need to pursue some plastic surgery? LOL

The cookies look delicious!

Paulette

Catherine said...

I am a firm believer that every one should inspire to play house!

I can smell the cookies from waaayyy over here!

Margaret said...

Kim, all I can say is this: even your laundry is color coordinated! lol! You definitely deserve a house gig for that if nothing else! :D (OMG! Mrs. Beasley! I never had a Mrs. Beasley doll but I watched the show, and I had Skipper and Barbie and and and.....)

Michelle said...

I occasionally like to play house...more often I like to play like I have no housework so I can stitch and quilt all day! But, alas, I have to play career more often than anything. (And now I'm craving choc chip cookies!!)

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

I can't say I loved to play house when I was a kid but you are most welcome to come play and clean and bake at my house just any old time you'd like!

Cari said...

I'm with you Kim. I'd stay home in a heart beat and be a domestic goddess. I'm am definitely working very hard to get to that point! Playing house realy is fun!

Deb said...

I totally agree with you Kim ;o) The full-time house gig beats the pants off working. And I used to play house too - with Barbies of course!! Can smell those cookies over here!

Karol said...

Oh I had Mrs. Beasley doll also! I loved to play house also and would love to be playing it full time also.

Siobhan said...

I am kind of like Michelle... wish that my play house came with a maid so that I could stick to the fun stuff like stitching and other creative pursuits!! The cookies look good.

Laurie in Iowa said...

I'm glad your jaw problems haven't interfered with your ability to enjoy 'playing house'. YGG!