Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Day In The Kitchen...An Evening In My Chair

Another Saturday.....during the winter.....in South Dakota...which means I didn't set foot out the door...and I'm extremely happy about that!

This day has flown by!!! Where did it go?

I spent most of the dady in the kitchen...baking..........these . And oh my goodness were they good!



By FAR the BEST Chocolate Crinkles recipe I have ever tried! No oil in this one! And after that dough sits in the fridge...Oh * My * Word...it's like fudge! YUM!!!
Notice that little bit of a cookie in the forefront of the pic above? Now you see it...and now...



you don't! I had to spare it from it's broken misery. These were seriously good! And again....I bet you have everything you need in the cupboard!

I wonder how many will still be in the cookie jar come morning?



We can only hope hubs gets sick of them...and quick!

For dinner...again..time in the kitchen and Oh * My * Gosh goodness! This is one of my all time favorite steak recipes . Not that you actually NEED a recipe for steak. But this one is deYUMMY!!!

After I asphyxiated the hubs while making the balsamic glaze....the end result was worth it.



Oh glorious medium rare filet.....oh creamy goat cheese goodness....oh sweet balsamic glaze.....you've made my tummy happy!



So very good! And now....time for the evening in my chair! With a glass...



and a needle! Stop back tomorrow to see what I worked on!

*Peace!

10 comments:

Cari said...

You're making me hungry now Kim!! Guess I'll have some M&M's...certainly not as good as those cookies girl.

Karen said...

OMG....I would kill for one of those chocolate crinkles....have to go find some chocolate!

JOLENE said...

I just finished making Mexican Lasagna, but those cookies look like the perfect ending. I better check out your recipe!!!! Thanks Kim!!!

Sylvia said...

The cookies look really scrumptious, but my mouth started watering when I saw the steak... oh yum! Looking forward to seeing your stitching.

Siobhan said...

YUM-o, Kim! Everything looks so good.

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Mmmmm chocoloate and cookies all in one; Yumm! Your steak looks delicious as well. I love a black and bleu steak but will have to try your recipe.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

You are quite a cook ~ maybe more like a chef!!! In your picture you like a twig ~ how can you eat all this wonderful stuff and stay soooo skinny?

Margaret said...

Oh yum!!! I'm going to badger the hubs on this cookie recipe! :D :D It's easier to get him to bake cookies than pies. But i should bug him on that chocolate pie too. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Deb said...

Okay Kim, you do not know how much my stomach was rumbling while I reading over this post. I'm definitely going to try the crinkle recipe (I love those and so do the kids), and that steak recipe - anything with balsamic vinegar is a must for me.

TamboinMO said...

Oh Kim....we are definitely kindred food spirits! Going to have to try these this weekend. The best part is the recipe for the balsamic syrup....I had no idea how to make that and my hubby pays $$$ for it at the specialty store. Now I can make it myself...YAY!
Did I mention that I love goat cheese?!