Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bad Weather, Good Coffee, Blaring Tunes & A Lead Foot

One might think those things would be a not-so-great combination! But....for me...this weekend....it's been pure heaven!!!

You might remember on New Year's Eve, I pulled these fabrics and did a little cutting...


Well...last night....after the pie (have you made it yet? the pie? trust me on this...make it! I'm making a second one today because the kids are coming over to watch football.)...anyhooo....after the pie....


and the coffee....ah...glorious fully caffeinated coffee......I decided to go back down and start sewing some strip sets. The plan was to just get the strip sets started....that's all. Just get it started.

Sometime after midnight, I believe, my facebook status said "Behold! The power of coffee and an Ipod".


I was a sewing maniac! Had to pull myself away from the machine!

It was the coffee...


and the blaring tunes! Did I mention my wonderful hubby spoiled me with a Bose SoundDock for my Ipod? LOVE it!!!


and the lead foot......what can I say? The Bernina likes to go FAAASSSST!!!

Who am I to argue? Pedal to the metal!

Keep in mind I was working with a very easy pattern. Modern, graphic, big pieces....


and this morning, I got up, had a quick breakfast and more coffee.....and finished it up!


A definite departure from my usual traditional quilts....but it's fun.....and it's one that is going to come alive when the longarm quilter takes over and adds some creative quilting!



I can't quite believe, myself, that I did two tops in less than 24 hours! LOL But hey....I blame it on the weather, the good coffee, blaring tunes and my lead foot!

Now I'm off to put a pot of chili on, and get another pie in the oven before I settle in to stitch and watch football the rest of the day!

Next post.....stitching progress!!

*Peace!

15 comments:

KsMaryLou said...

Holey Moley! Lead foot indeed! What time's dinner? The chili and pie sound mighty good.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Woot Woot... you were really leaning hard on that pedal. congrats on another quilt top finish. I'm looking forward to seeing what the longarm quilter will be doing with this top.
Enjoy the chili, pie, stitching an football.

Deb said...

Well good grief woman - are you on a tear or what? I love your results with the lead foot - aren't those Bernina's great? I'm about to do the same thing today - switch on the Bernina, stoke up the Bose (my DH bought one too - for the house - but I think it's living permanently in my room - and crack out some sewing. I definitely know that I won't get as much done as you did though. Too many clothes and wash to do today.

Love the quilt - I agree it seems like a departure from the norm - but it looks great!!

Catherine said...

Wow! I don't even know what to say.........I am in awe!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

woo-hooo I have a Virtuosa 155! What a sweet machine. AND I LOVE your mug! The quilt is darling.

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Good Golly, Miss Molly! You are smokin' fast!

Cari said...

Holey Smokes Kim.... Lead foot is right!! Congrats...I love it!! Have a great football day!!!

Margaret said...

Wow!! I love the new quilt top!!!! Love your lead foot! lol! And can I have your BOSE sound dock? I want one so badly! lol! I don't need one though, so it's not going to happen. Congrats on the second quilt top -- you're so fast! Go lead foot!! (Still haven't made that pie -- need to work on that!)

Myra said...

Wow! You were a sewing fiend. LOL That is a neat quilt top. I hope you enjoyed your stitching time today.

Paula C. said...

It's all your fault. I saw the p-i-e yesterday and printed out the recipe. Then again today you had to torture me with another picture. I had to get dressed, ON PAJAMA DAY, and go out to buy the semisweet chocolate so I could make the darned p-i-e. It was good...Will make more...

Deb said...

You go girl - what a fantastic outcome.

Love the fabric with the cards on.

Siobhan said...

Dang, girl!! Talk about putting the pedal to the metal! ;) It looks great. I love the colors in it. I must try that pie sometime, too.

TamboinMO said...

I made your pie and blogged about it too....it's the bombe!

woolwoman said...

Hi Kim - thanks for the comment on my blog about my rug - I didn't know you hooked (rugs LOL) too?

Your quilt top finishes are awesome - WOW - you are "one fast woman" and that pie - OK - you've sunk me now - I have to pick up the chocolate next time I go to the store - Love your knitting blog face - it's been a while since I visited. Melody

Michelle said...

Whoa! Love that quilt. And holy cannoli, I can't believe you sped to the finish line on this one - you are super fast!!! The card fabric is awesome too, and really looks great in this quilt.