Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Winter Wonderland

I hope everyone had a wonderfully Merry Christmas! We certainly did. We had a lovely wonderfully WHITE Christmas! WHITE to the tune of over 19" of the fluffy stuff!



Needless to say, the Christmas blizzard changed plans for the holiday. We were virtually snowed in...



right here in the city. For four days! I loved it! Christmas was quiet. No Santa anymore, so it was a little odd this year, but still very nice. And due to the storm, I got the entire day of Christmas Eve off from work! An early present to me!

The mail was even delayed...forget that USPS slogan about wind and rain and sleet and snow. It didn't apply this last weekend apparently! But who could blame the poor mailman.



We did try and help him out a little......carved a nice path for him....



and now...we're stuck with all of this white stuff for the long haul. Frigid temps are setting in. It's certainly not going to melt any time soon. Maybe...oh....late March perhaps!



I'll just have to spend lotsa time under my stitching light for some pseudo-sun! Yeah...that's what I'll do!

*Peace!

11 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

The pics are beautiful! Enjoy your time in. I love a snow-in! Such a non-guilty time to do what you want!

Cathy

Cari said...

I don't think anyone was exempt from the snow this year. We received 15" - the biggest snow storm Virginia has seen in 14 years! Needless to say, our mailman didn't show up either. I thought their motto was rain, "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds." Guess someone forgot to tell our postman that :-) Can't wait to see what's been going on in "Kim's Kraftworld"

Enjoy your day!

Margaret said...

Oh my!!!! My hubby and I got a good laugh from your mailbox pictures! Wow!!!! No wonder he didn't show up! lol! I think some good sun time under your stitching light is definitely the perfect solution to all that snow! I sure hope we don't get that much snow -- we haven't yet, knock on wood!! :D Have a great New Year!

Deb said...

Love the pictures! That's a whole lot of snow. Take every advantage you can and just stitch or sew your butt off! Sounds like a good plan doesn't it?

Laurie in Iowa said...

Great snow snaps! Wishing you a good case of 'stitch ass' under your light.

Loraine said...

What a ton of snow! I love getting snowed in. It is nice to know that you can just sit and enjoy your house, (as long as you have something to eat!)
Enjoy the lovely stuff. We are getting quite a storm at the moment. Not 19", but I think about 6 or 7. Enough for the kids to enjoy sledding.
Take Care!

Karen said...

Beautiful pics....the closest I will get to snow here in SC.

Happy new year....

Catherine said...

That looks like the snow we got the weekend before Christmas - then the rain on Christmas day and the next day melted it all away!!

Deb said...

Fantastic photos - really looks like Christmas. It's 35 C here today and getting too hot to do anything. Hope you have fun indoors.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Wow! You really did have snow!! We had rain for Christmas but snow later on the weekend ~ nothing like yours though! Hope it waits till all the New Years festivities are over!! Happy New Year to you and yours!

Katrina said...

Wow that's a lot of snow, stay warm :-).