Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thrift Thursday Christmas Eve!

Happy Merry Christmas Eve!!! Oooooh excitement is in the air! Can you feel it? It's Thrifty Thursday! ;o)

Yes...it's true...I actually did stop off for a quick thrifty jaunt this week after work. Have I mentioned that there is a Goodwill located in close proximity to my regular drive home from work? So...even with snow flying, I stopped off Tuesday evening to make sure I wasn't missing any treasure!

And I got out of there for a mere $3.18!

It's a little cracked....



Just in one spot. The handle. I can live with it...because in the overall scheme of things...



it's no big deal! Isn't it LOVELY!?!? I love it!!! So 'Alma-ish'...which I love!

And the price was right...



for a lovely piece of Johnson Bros china! I'm glad I stopped in the middle of blowing snow and ice. ;o)

This morning we were visited by our wonderful next door neighbor. Sandy is so nice and every year she spoils us with a big tray of goodies....this year she included the dogs and bestowed dog treats on them. And here's our people treats...



Yum! See...there's a reason I didn't go overboard with baking and treat making...Sandy always shares! :o)

In other news...there's a storm brewing. A BIG storm...



M * A * J * O * R winter storm they are saying.....as in LOTSA snow...



18 inches plus is the forecast with lotsa wind....a good ol' fashioned Christmas blizzard. Apparently one that we will be talking about for years to come...so says the drama-queen weather men. ;o)

Since I'm off for the next four days (YAY!)..I say bring it! I'd love nothing more than to be snowed in for four days!

Otherwise I much prefer these type of snowflakes...



And this type of visit from Jack Frost!



But this time....I'm ready to WELCOME the blizzard!!!

Happy Merry Christmas Eve!

*Peace!

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Ooooooh, I love your thrifty find! You're right, it's very Alma! lol! Nice that you get a cookie plate from your friend -- I love when that happens. :D Hope you enjoy the snow storm. Seems like that keeps happening around the country -- and the world! Happy Christmas!

Catherine said...

What a great find! And those goodies, yum!

Enjoy your storm - we had ours last weekend and now we are supposed to get rain......yuck! I'd rather have more snow!

Glenna said...

Merry Christmas! Enjoy the snow! (Ugh--once in a winter is enough for me!) Oh, and wonderful thrift find, as usual.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Merry Christmas Kim! The cookie platter looks lovely.
I'll trade you our ice for your snow.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/