Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Creative Fodder



During the recent blizzard, I finished knitting the baktus scarf.



The yarn was an absolute joy to work with. To watch the colors meld in to the next...



was way cool. A fun knit!



Tonight I blocked it.



It blocked out very nicely if I do say so myself!



Sorry to make you endure numerous photos of this scarf. I just can't get enough of the color!



In other creative news, this evening I prepped the linen for my New Year's Day sampler start, prepared a quilt backing, and have a new quilt about 3/4 of the way cut out...



Since I cut this one out this evening, it won't count as my New Year's Day quilt start....I still haven't figured out what the NYD quilt will be yet! Something that won't have a deadline....either a multitude of scrappy stars....of a smallish size.....or a scrappy log cabin......or....hmmm...not sure yet! Stay tuned!

Thanks so much for stopping by and putting up with my blathering! I'm always thrilled to know that you are reading...and the comments are just icing on the blog-cake!

Until tomorrow's Thrifty Thursday post...

*Peace!

13 comments:

KsMaryLou said...

Hmmm hmmm your baktus scarf is beautiful! What a wonderful knitting project to finish off the year with.

I love the batik fabric, can't wait to see how you use it.

Tolentreasures said...

That scarf is BEAUTIFUL! I love that yarn! Great to have a finished project. Can't wait to see what you do with the quilt. I am starting a wool quilt in January, can't wait to get it going!

Have a Happy New Year!

Cathy

alobsiger said...

LOVE the scarf! What a delicious color!! Looking forward to seeing your New Year's start!

Cari said...

Wow, you have been busy! Your scarf is just beautiful. I love the yarn, the colors are wonderful.

I look forward to seeing your new quilt and stitching project.

Have a wonderful New Year's, Kim.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Such a beautiful scarf. Love the pictures :-)

Laurie in Iowa said...

Beautiful scarf!

Cari said...

Happy New Year Kim!! Your scarf is FABULOUS!! That crazy yarn is way too much fun! Good job!! Can't wait to see your new quilting start! Hugs....

Margaret said...

I can definitely see why you love the colors in that scarf so much! It's pretty ultimate to me -- yum! Congrats on the finish! Blocking is something I still don't know how to do well. Yuck!

That batik fabric is so yummy too! I looooove batik fabrics!!! Is that the backing you were talking about? I can't wait to see Sarah and to see your quilts, New Year's quilt or otherwise!!!!

Happy New Year!

Loraine said...

What a wonderful scarf! I don't knit, so I enjoy looking.
I love the idea of a New Year's quilt. I may have to do that tonight! Who wants to get dressed up and endure the cold with hundreds of other people? I think I'll take my warm sewing room any ole day!
Take Care and Happy New Year!

Catherine said...

That scarf is fantastic! Love the colors!

Good luck on your starts - can't wait to see them!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

How about a picture of you wearing that great scarf??!! It really is specatacular!!! Happy New Year!

Deb said...

Kim - what an absolutely gorgeous scarf. I love all those pictures - couldn't get enough of that color either! The yarn is just so bright and cheery! You will be smiling every time you wear it! Can't wait to see what you start as far as the quilting goes and your sampler start! Have a wonderful, healthy, peaceful and stitchy New Year!

Karoline said...

Congratulations Kim, the scarf is gorgeous