Sunday, November 08, 2009

Winding Down & Setting Up

Well..the weekend is winding down...but what a FINE weekend it was! The weather was unbelievable!! And so, even though there were tons of creative projects vying for my time and attention, the weather won out on Saturday and the day was spent running errands and just enjoying the 70 degree temps in November! Wonderful!!!

Today...so many quilts running thru my mind to start....but I decided to dive in to those yummy French General Rouenneries prints. So I cut the ribbon on the bundle....and started to unfold the lovelies.



Even the selvedge is lovely! I have had a project in mind for these beauties before they arrived...so I sorted. Some didn't make the cut...



Others most certainly did! Oh beautiful glorious reds and faded reds...how I love you!



I spent some quality time with David Gray via my iPod, and my iron and Best Press...and got down to business. Got them all pressed....and cut.



Setting up for the next project! It's ready to go!!! I hope it will be as lovely as I imagined...but I don't know if any pattern can go wrong with these fabrics!

And so...the weekend is winding down...the next quilt project is set up and ready for me to steal a minute or two or ten here and there working on it....and now I'm going to spend some time with this....



Sock knitting and Cowboys football on a Sunday night!! The only way it could get better is if I didn't have to go to work tomorrow, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad!

Hope you had a great weekend as well!

*Peace!

10 comments:

Cari said...

It sounds like you are feeling better - hooray!

I am always amazed at how much you can accomplish in a weekend! I just love the vintagey fabrics and I can't wait to see what you turn them into - I just know it will be gorgeous!

Hope your team wins - sadly, Monday always comes too quickly. I'm off to do a little more stitching before bedtime.

Paulette said...

Love those fabrics!! Love that sock!!! What the heck.. you need some blue and silver stripey socks, don't you think?? In time for the Super Bowl? ;)

Paulette

Margaret said...

ooooh, those fabrics! Yummy! Looking forward to whatever this quilt turns out to be -- and also your sock. :D

Siobhan said...

Ooooh, what gorgeous fabrics. Be still my heart. Love the sock, too!

Ann's blog said...

Kim, I can't wait to see what you make with these delightful fabrics. I have used a small portion of mine for the basket quilt (which is a gift), I am not sure what I will do with the rest! Like you said, those fabrics will look good in just about any pattern!

Deb said...

Well, it sounds like you're feeling much better. Of course, I think that 70 degree weather could put anyone in a great frame of mind especially when it happens in November.

Oh, I'm just drooling over the FG fabrics. I think that I'm going to have to get them in my hot little hands somehow very soon. The quilting bug is bitting and that would be the best fabric to work with. I can't wait to see what you're going to make from those fabrics. I don't even have a clue yet.

Love the sock too. I don't know how you get so much accomplished.

Deb said...

Glad you had such a great weekend. Sounds like you're feeling much better - well just seeing those fabrics would do that I bet. I can't wait to get mine. I'm keen to see what you're going to do with yours.

Charlene said...

Sounds like a great weekend - what's better than stitching and football... well stitching and anything! Watch for an email with blog link you Must see!

Lizzie said...

Looking forward to seeing your quilt using Rouenneries. I just bought mine today. I have struggled with what pattern to use until finally I just thought that any pattern would look great and am doing one I have made before twice.

Lizzie

Tolentreasures said...

Nice weather here also, what a treat! The fabric is beautiful, and you are going crazy with those socks! Great job, glad that you had a great weekend. I love Best Press, I use it on everything. I have even been ironing my pillowcases, how sick is that?

Cathy