Thursday, November 05, 2009

Thrifty Thursday!

No thrift shop visits yet this week, thanks to being sidelined with possibly the flu....but have no fear! I have pleeeenty of material for Thrifty Thursday posts from my previous jaunts!

Today I'll share pics of the platters I've been picking up. I dare say I have a collection....certainly was not my intent! But every time one falls in my path, the older, chipped and crazing, the better....the hubs will utter those words "Uh...don't we already HAVE some platters?"



But they're so lovely! I especially love the one there with the fruit motif.....



old...



colorful....



crackly crazed...



with a story to tell!



The two green floral ones are lovely as well....chips and all!



I paid no more than $3 for any of these...



The color ones are a nice addition....the yellow one was my latest find for two bucks...its verrrrry crazed.



No dear....we don't have too many platters already!



Why EVER would you think such a thing? ;o)

*Peace!

8 comments:

Cari said...

What lovely platters! I do like the fruit motif.

I was in a home recently and she had these displayed in the window sills of her family room - very different way to showcase them.

I hope you feel better very soon, Kim!

Deb said...

You crack me up. No, you certainly can't have enough platters! No way. Now you have an assortment for any occasion. I like the one with the fruit in it too.

Feel better - hope that it's not the flu!!!

Margaret said...

You can definitely never have too many platters! Love your collection! Crazed is good. :D

Jennifer said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon!!!! Here's to sending you positive energy to heal thyself....LOL

I love those platters. They are so versatile in the home as well. I love to find them in thrift stores too.

Jennifer
Feathers in the Nest

Catherine G. said...

Beautiful platters and I love the suggestion to place them in window sills for display. Might have to try that with a few that I have.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Hope you're on the mend, girly!! I'm sure the thrift stores are missing you! And I love the linen towels ~ I found some vintage towels ~ unused ~ and use them to 'wrap' wedding shower gifts, etc. I don't like the waste of gift wrap and try to use something the recipient can use as well!!!!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

I love dishes! Platters, bowls, tureens, whatever! You've got some great stuff there!

Littlebit said...

Oh, Kim! Love the fruit platter. I have a fettish for bowls, I must say. Hope you feel better soon. MM