Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thrifty Thursday & Thanksgiving!

First of all...HAPPY THANKSGIVING, everyone! Today's uniform.....stretchy yoga pants and a big denim shirt....I am READY! ;o)

There was definitely some thrifting going on this past week! My dear friend, blogless Kimm, and I took off Saturday morning on our trek....found lots of great things!!! Mostly more of the same...or so it seems!

Look!



Yep...another globe. I know, I know! But it's BEIGE! Not blue! So home it came for $5.

And...



more tarnished silver to add to the collection! And look at that stinkin' cute little lone salt or pepper shaker! Is that the cutest thing!? It passed the 'you are elegant enough' test, and home it came!

I really like the trays I found this time too!



Kimm and I always have a fun time, and we stopped off at our new fav' Saturday lunch spot for some Mediterranean cuisine....so yummy! Then we headed off to Well La De Da....what was once our fav' junkin' stop has been resurrected and we were ever so happy!

Look what I FOUND! OMGosh I love this thing...




Yes...I know...it's a cabbage. But oh what a beautimus cabbage it is! ;o)



We were so excited to see Tina and Well La De Da back in business, even if only part-time on the weekends! Fun stuff!

On to more Goodwills we went....I picked up some sheet music (for the creativity stash)...and Kimm was so kind as to spy TWO boxes of dominoes for me!



Friday evening I went out on my own to another thrift store and so scored the silverplate bucket/cooler/urn thingy you see up there! It's marked "Poole"....I LOVE it!!

Look at the gargoyles!



Very cool! I will try and clean the inside up a bit....clearly it had been used in the past.

I also picked up a few wooden spools on our Saturday outing.



Kimm found the crock she was looking for, and a few other must-have items. It was such a fun day!

I'm so thankful and blessed to have great family and friends...including all of you blog readers! I do think of you as my friends, and hope you have such a wonderful day today...whether it's your Thanksgiving holiday, or if you live abroad and it's another day...make it wonderful!

We are so blessed to not have to be too 'thrifty' with the Thanksgiving meal. We will be stuffed...

and I got the pies done!



I'll be sure and save you a slice! Have a wonderful day!

*Peace!

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow, that's a lot of thrifting! The name of your favorite store is cute. lol! I think my favorites of your stash are the little lone pepper shaker that looks like a tea pot -- very elegant! -- and the silver plate under it. Very nice!!

BTW, your pies are making me hungry. lol! Have a great Thanksgiving!

TamboinMO said...

Kim,
Looks like you scored BIG this time! Somewhere I saw a globe that they painted with chalkboard paint and used it as a rolling memo board...just an idea.
Have a great Thanksgiving, your pies look delish!

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

I love the cabbage. It's so fun. And your pies look wonderful. Happy Thanksgiving, Kim.

Loraine said...

You lucky girl! You always find the neatest treasures. I love looking. I have enough of that silver for my collection. I just hate polishing silver every few months. Many times I've been tempted to sell it!
Cute cabbage, and wonderful looking pies!
Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Your pies look scrumptious, Miss Kim! Have a great Thanksgiving day!

Deb said...

Wow, what a lot of great thrifting! I wish I knew you liked cabbages. There were some wonderful ones at a tag sale that I went to and they were going for $1 a piece. I was tempted as was my sister. Dang, I should have bought some of them. I love all the silver too - that's a weakness of mine too! You found some incredible things.

And those pies, I can almost smell them here. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Littlebit said...

Wow, you have been busy! I've never met a pie that I didn't like..yours look soooo yummy! Happy Thanksgiving! MM

Siobhan said...

Love the thrifty finds! I think my favorite is that cabbage. That's the best way to have cabbage--in porcelain/china/pottery form! ;)

Bonnie B, the scrappy bee said...

I absolutely love the idea of buying lonely salt/pepper shakers. I have resisted shakers for many years, because I knew if I started I'd never stop! Also, the cabbage thing is great. Is it a small container or large like for soup? I would probably kill for it.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Hi there, just found your blog. Kim (an oft traveled road) directed me to you. I'm really enjoying reading your posts. Have you ever been to Colorado Lady's Vintage Thingie Thursday (http://coloradolady.blogspot.com)? I've been posting some of my thrifty finds there. My quilting blog is Happy Cottage Quilter, but I was torn between my love of thrifting so I started another blog to share about my treasure hunting.
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Hope you will stop by and visit sometime :-)