Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sampler Saturday

We are experiencing some absolutely glorious weather this long holiday weekend! I took advantage of it and was out and about running errands. One of the errands was to FINALLY go the framer's and pick up some samplers that I dropped off this past summer. I'm sure she was thrilled to see me finally come in and pick them up....and my checkbook is now NOT thrilled, but....a necessary evil!

I now have a second sampler wall!








This is the Blackbird Designs mystery-that's-not....



and a close-up of the frame. Not sure if it's coming through in the photo, but it has a wonderful red under the black.



My shortened/condensed version of the American Quaker Band Sampler...



close-up of the frame...



Mary Corey....



aaaaand a close-up of the frame....



Not on the second sampler wall, but off by itself is La De Da's "Our Daily Bread" (notice the DATE! I need to get things framed more often..no?)



and the frame...



As you can probably tell...I have champagne taste in moldings.....thus it took the beer budget longer to pay for them this time around!

But now, after an afternoon of hanging....this is now what you see when you enter the front door.



Aaaah...feels like home!

*Peace!

23 comments:

Charlene said...

...and it looks fantastic!

Margaret said...

So beautiful!!! I love your champagne taste in frames. I have the same taste. lol! Your sampler walls are spectacular! Congratulations! Keep up with the framing! I have quite a backlog myself, but I'm working on it one at a time. :D

Love to Stitch said...

Oooh! I love it! It looks fabulous. Yes, it is always the framing that throughs me over the edge, I dont do it to often either, but it looks like it was worth every penny! Great job on the display, it looks amazing!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Beautiful! Your sampler walls look fabulous. I love the pricey frames too... and it's worth framing things up right, even if it takes a while to pay off the bill.

KsMaryLou said...

Oh how wonderful! All of your frame choices are great. Isn't it just the neatest feeling once you get those pieces up on the wall and you can enjoy your work?

Jennifer said...

hyI'm stunned and in awe of your beautiful samplers!!!! And what absolutely awesome frames to compliemnt them!!!!

So, so pretty!

Jennifer

Paulette said...

GASP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your walls are FANTASTIC!!! I forgot all about that stuff you finished!!!!!!!

Paulette

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow, that is awesome! I love your sampler wall.

Karen said...

Found your blog and love your new framed pieces! Beautiful work and the frames chosen are great. Will definitely be back to visit.

Littlebit said...

Oh goodness..where are the smellin salts!! I think that champaigne taste goes without saying for stitchers. Your samplers walls are absolutely beautiful KK!! MM

Karol said...

Lovely!!! Great choices on the frames.

Mos Los Vagabondos said...

Wow, that looks great, what an entry!

Kathie said...

looks wonderful!
boy am I ever impressed
I still need to make one ;)
Kathie

Melissa said...

Kim-your sampler walls look fab! Hey what is the A&E to the left on the first sampler wall? Is that a Scarlet Letter?

The framing is perfect.

Cari said...

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful!! Your stitching and framing choices are stunning girl!! What a lovely wall...and I know what you mean about home...sweet home! Thanks for sharing!!!

Katrina said...

OMG, everything is absolutely gorgeous. Love your samplers walls. The moldings on your new pieces are stunning!

Beth said...

I love your sampler wall! I don't think hubby would let me do that in the house, but I could do that in my sewing room...now I just need to make a few! I just recently got back into cross stitch.

Karoline said...

Gorgeous framing, your sampler walls look lovely

Cari said...

Oh Kim, they are each just beautiful and your frames - oh my! Each is just stunning!

What fun to have 'sampler walls'!

You are not alone in the lack of framing - I have numerous pieces awaiting their turn at the framery!

Enjoy your week.

Catherine said...

Takes my breath away! Beautiful!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Your samplers are great ~ lots of time represented there! And the framing is beautiful ~ and important to the finished piece! I bet your framer LOVES you!!!!

Tom said...

Kim, your sampler walls are beautiful. All of your pieces look great in their new frames and you sure do have good taste on the frames. I love them all. You are very inspiring!!!! Thanks. ;)

Siobhan said...

WOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Kim, I am in awe!! I love it--fabulous, gorgeous work. How amazing it must be to walk in the door and see that beautiful display in front of you. YGG!!