Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Trudging Thru Tuesday

Not much going on in my corner of the world....the usual...work...home...work...home. Have been spending lots of time hoping for a second wind each evening.....it's been a tired week so far...hope that changes!

I have been working on quilt binding this week...



This is one of three quilts that need the handwork done...so I figured I best get started and do a bit here and there. This one is 1/2 done...it's the biggest out of the three. I decided to get the biggest one out of the way first! What's that saying....if you have to eat a frog, you don't want to sit there and look at it all day...eat it first! So this big one is the 'frog' of the bunch, and I'm dining on him this week! LOL

In other handwork news....look what I did yesterday before work and this evening after!



I got the first basket done! I sat down yesterday morning about 7:15 and thought I would work on it a bit before I left for work. I was over 1/2 done with it by 7:30....and finished it up this evening! These could be quick little blocks! Granted there are a ton of them, but if each one takes about 1/2 hour...quite a few can be done a week! I'm lovin' it!

I hope the early part of the week has been good for you! Until next time...

*Peace!

3 comments:

Deb said...

I think that binding is one of the more relaxing things to do with a quilt. Especially when it's cold and you can have it draped over your lap while you're working on it!

A half hour per block, uh? And how many blocks? I forget. That's not bad when you think about it. It's going to be such a great quilt when it's finished.

Catherine G. said...

I can't wait to see the progress on the baskets. The colors on the first block are great! One day I may dive in and try quilting...

Margaret said...

You'd better show off those quilts that you're binding. :D I want full disclosure! As for the basket square -- wow! That quick? Maybe I'd better get started! lol! Can't wait to see more!