Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat!



Happy Halloween! Trick or Treat? I tricked myself, first off......I had every intention all week of setting out on the road bright and early for the big AQS quilt show in Des Moines today...the last day of the show. Just a mere 4 1/2 hour drive....my friend, Kelly, and I were gonna do a road trip. I was excited about it...until yesterday afternoon when the stress of the work week caught up with me and I was feeling fatigued...and...well...pooped. And come to find out Kelly was feeling the same way. So we decided we really weren't that excited about such a road trip all in a day and passed on going. Never in a million gazillion years did I think I would pass up the opportunity to attend such a great show....but honestly I am just tired. Obviously! We still got together today and enjoyed a long leisurely lunch at Panera and caught up on things...always nice catching up with a good friend! And yet we're not dealing with road fatigue! AND my wallet's not as light as it would have been had I gone to the show, since I have absolutely NO restraint when it comes to quilt show vendors! It's all good!

We had one little trick or treater this evening....a cute little devil....in a pink hooded sweater with little red devil ears. I didn't want to frighten her by asking if I could take her picture, but trust me...she was cute. Seems each year we get less and less knocks on the door, but there's only 3 houses on our block...so the kids would rather get out in a neighborhood where they can hit up lots of houses. That just means we have some Milky Way and 3 Musketeers snack size candy bars to snack on now! Perfect with a cuppa afternoon java tomorrow! ;o)

This evening I got two more little Trick or Treat baskets appliqued. It really is pretty mindless applique! Though mine don't really look trick-or-treatish...I'm thinking I'll like this quilt when it's done!



I'm also thinking I need to sequester off part of a wall in the quilt studio for a design wall so I can start putting these little buggers up and admiring them from afar.



Especially as I get more done...since there are so many different scrappy fabrics...will be fun to play around with their placement!

I hope you were visited by only cute, good little goblins today!! Until next time...

*Peace!

5 comments:

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Know how you feel about those road trips - sometimes there's just too much tiredness, stress, whatever to keep you from going. I hope your coming week is better and that you're able to get some rest.

I love your basket appliques and I think hanging them to admire and sort for placement is a great idea.

We had maybe 60 trick-or-treaters - we used to get a couple of hundred when we first moved here but the neighborhood grew up.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Oh, Kim ~ how well I know what you're talking about! Like me, last week ~ when you give up on something you really thought you wanted to do ~ it's just weird!!

Love the idea of a design wall ~ those little baskets look pretty tedious to me ~ I'm sure it will be worth it!!

Cari said...

Hey Kim I am lovin' your baskets!! It's fun sometimes to just do the mindless stitching. I think it helps to rest the brain along with the body... You have a good 'rest-of-the-weekend' . Hugs

Margaret said...

I hear you on being too tired to make a road trip. Even with the temptation at the other end, it's just too much sometimes. Sounds like you had a good time just staying around home and at Panera. Yum! Love your baskets, btw. Gorgeous!!!

Deb said...

Shame about the quilt show - but sometimes it's good to just flop - well done. Love your baskets they are ace.